Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Hope I don't make myself look a nob asking this but I've just put a deposit on a 2005 636. In good condition (a few slight scuffs) its has 13k on the clock.

I have a lot of experience green laning/ road riding on enduro bikes and have had road bikes since being 17 but only 125s (I'm 37 now). I did buy a CBR600f last year but only had it for a couple of months but had to get rid as 'I was being very selfish have 2 motorbikes' :bash. I used the KTM every weekend and some evenings so the cbr went and I probably only did a couple of hundred miles on it.

As I don't have much experience on sports bikes is this a silly move or is a 636 ok as a starter'ish sports bike ?? As I am nearly an old man I think I'm slightly mature :devious

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
Hi All,

Hope I don't make myself look a nob asking this but I've just put a deposit on a 2005 636. In good condition (a few slight scuffs) its has 13k on the clock.

I have a lot of experience green laning/ road riding on enduro bikes and have had road bikes since being 17 but only 125s (I'm 37 now). I did buy a CBR600f last year but only had it for a couple of months but had to get rid as 'I was being very selfish have 2 motorbikes' :bash. I used the KTM every weekend and some evenings so the cbr went and I probably only did a couple of hundred miles on it.

As I don't have much experience on sports bikes is this a silly move or is a 636 ok as a starter'ish sports bike ?? As I am nearly an old man I think I'm slightly mature :devious
My take? You'll find the 636 a LOT heavier than the KTM. It will have quite limited steering lock, much better brakes, poor ergonomics relative to the KTM (tough to stand on the pegs, or look any direction by straight ahead) and it will continue to rev long after the KTM gives it up. Not terribly arm stretching at any point, but it just keeps going and going and going.

The biggest reason I like the 600cc bikes better than the liters is that it takes a little longer to wind them out to where you are going 'stupid fast'.

In the land of speed cameras, that's a good thing.....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My take? You'll find the 636 a LOT heavier than the KTM. It will have quite limited steering lock, much better brakes, poor ergonomics relative to the KTM (tough to stand on the pegs, or look any direction by straight ahead) and it will continue to rev long after the KTM gives it up. Not terribly arm stretching at any point, but it just keeps going and going and going.

The biggest reason I like the 600cc bikes better than the liters is that it takes a little longer to wind them out to where you are going 'stupid fast'.

In the land of speed cameras, that's a good thing.....
The lack of low end and the fact that it takes time to reach its powerband is exactly why I got rid of the 636 for something powered by a triple. =P

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome to the jungle. You should love the 636 my J2 is just a peach to drive i find a tank full then i need a break but there great fun just use your head and don,t go mental with the right hand until you have got used to the power then its yeha!!:2fingerlol::2fingerlol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome and reply :)
I'm gunna be using the bike for fun and for my daily commute (about 40 mile round trip).
I did put my deposit on a 2005 silver 636 but changed my mind and now a stunning 06 636 in Kwaka green is coming home this weekend :):):)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
There's no such thing about being selfish of owned more than 1 motor bike. Own as many as you like. Providing if you have the space to store them, other than that, own as many you can.

Reactions: roflmawafl

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried to tell the wife 2 bikes are better than one and I wasn't being selfish but she just doesn't understand:O
She will when I stick her on the back of my new beast :naughty:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.