Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up this mint condition 07 r6 raven edition to use as a track bike. Full yoshie exhaust after market levers auto tune 7 miles and was just perfect condition.............until 2.2 mikes down the street when I high sided it. :eh: yup brand "new" bike all fucked up threw me like a rag doll.
Here she was before so pretty

Now after my super man routine

The front fairing is fucked up ripped off a frame slider fucked up my lever cracked the headlight lens and cracked the housing scuffed up the side fairings and scratched the hell out of the stator cover and put a small crack in it. As for me I thought it broke my wrist but it after my trip to the ER I found out that there is just some chipping on the bone in my wrist shouldn't take to long to heal. The reason I think it happen is rear tire pressure. When the 2nd cop got there I asked if she had a tire pressure gauge. She did and when I put it on I found nearly 50psi in it. I'm used to riding a 21psi on a 190 and this is a brand new metzler 180 jacked to the fucking sky with air. I ride it 30 something miles home hitting every red light and having to pull the clutch in a fucked wrist/hand it felt fucking amazing.

Thankfully I put full coverage before I bought it so the adjuster should be coming out today to look over the damage and give me an estimate. I'm just going to fix the stuff I need throw the track plastics on and slowly buy the street fairings I need. It's a raven so getting OEM fairings isn't going to be easy or cheap so I'll slowly get them when I find them at good prices. The plan was full track bike anyway.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not to happy but the insurance adjuster should be here today or tomorrow so after he leaves I can just throw on the track plastics woodcraft rear sets and be set to hit the track as soon as my wrist is in a little better condition. Hopefully I'll be healthy for robaling rd on the 11th

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yikes. What were you doing when you highsided? How fast were you moving?

·
Registered
234 Posts
jeesh man good luck with all the fixing.. Shouldve gone for a CBR for the track lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just turned left at a light and the road curves. There was a car in front of me so I could not have been going more then 40mph. The rear tire just went out caught and threw me off it. A cop was coming the other way saw me flying through the air and had to pull in front of the car behind because they were about to run me over.

The only thing I can think of is the tire pressure. I haven't ridden on the street much at all but I have done 6 track days in just under 2 months with 21 psi on my 09 r6. I didn't jump on the throttle I wasn't speeding I wasn't riding recklessly I was taking an easy cruise home on my sexy new ride. There could have been something like oil sand I didn't see but I doubt it. It just blows my mind and the only thing I can think of is the fact that the tire pressure was more than twice what I normally ride and it didn't heat up at all because it was filled up with so much air I'm surprised the back end didn't float away.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now you don't need an excuse to get track plastics. Hope yo get it all fixed up and back at the track soon
I already have track plastics for it painted and everything. This just made me put them on before I thought I would.

I also just found a swingarm spool broke off so I'll need a swing arm too. Or I could swap it out with my 09 r6 that hS swingarm spools and sell it with none on it. Things are starting to add up I hope they don't total it. If they do I'll buy it back and keep both of my r6. I just really hope it doesn't come to that.

So far the list I've put together
Front fairing
Complete headlight assembly
All the side fairings ( they're like 3-4 pieces to it.)
New frame sliders
New tail fairing
New passenger seat
New aftermarket levers (forget the brand name)
New bar ends
New swingarm
And more I can't think of

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you are thinking tire issues ie pressures, that sounds like a rookie move. It sucks to fall over, glad that you and the ride are ok. Any ride and rider needs some time to acclimate. enjoy the new ride

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are thinking tire issues ie pressures, that sounds like a rookie move. It sucks to fall over, glad that you and the ride are ok. Any ride and rider needs some time to acclimate. enjoy the new ride

I was behind a car just put it into 2nd at under 6k Rpms and very very slowly rolling on the throttle because of the car I front of me. I've been riding for 8 years on the street and have crashed several times but this is my first high side. If there was anything I could have done to keep my ass in the saddle I would have but there was nothing in my power I could have done. I've had the rear end step out on me tons of times on the track from hard down shifting but always saved it. This was so quick I didn't see it coming it shot me off quicker then drunk 115 girl on a mechanical bull at the bar. Like I said if I could have saved it I would but none of my experience from riding dirt bikes since I was 10 and street bikes for 8 years could save me. It sucks but I learned a lesson. Never trust anyone else's judgement on tire pressure because they could have filled up so high it's like riding on a roller blade wheel.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just cause its a Raven doesn't make the plastics harder to find they have been making those plastics in bulk for years. I think they have been making ravens since 03. Heal up.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
21 psi???

I'm not expert but that seems awfully low! I've never heard of anyone running 21.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
21 psi feels like I could ride up a wall dragging knee.

Insurance man is here right now let's see how much I get for it. They better cover my brand sedici suit technic gloves. I know they'll cover the helmet but I'm more concerned about my $1000 suit I wore twice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts