Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my 06 zx6r battery isn't staying charged. It's a brand new lithium battery. I just replaced my voltage regulater and stator. I charged the battery and rode it around and it was running fine. I was working on it throughout the day putting new fairings on ect. I rode it later in the day and on my way back to the house the headlight went out, and the bike started to sputter and would rev past maybe 6k rmp. Any ideas on what to do now? Thanks

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Holy shit whats with everyone having electrical issues lately?!?

Charge the battery. Start the bike and connect a voltmeter to the battery terminals. What is the voltage reading?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If the battery is new and you had the stator amd regulator replaced, make sure all the connectors at the battery are nice and snug. That would be the first thing, then start checking your voltage readings with a multimeter.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Check the actual wire harnesses too. I had a similar issue where bike was working fine until a certain RPM and it was a wiring harness that shorted. And it was IMMEDIATELY after I replaced my stator on my Triumph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts