Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any frames that the new 636 engine can fit in without modifications? My buddy is trying to build a track bike and saw a real good deal on a new 636 engine but the frame on the bike is not good. Any advice would be great.

Edit: Not 656. But 636 engine. LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
im not exactly sure. you would have to list the year motor at least and there are plenty of compatibility posts around the forum if you look around. i would think that a close year model would be almost identical as far as fitment or bolt up but i dont know much about the newer bikes:eh:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I want a 656 cc engine what the hell ! LOL .. lots of modifications will probably be needed ! If he's willing to do it then I wanna see a build thread ... where he got this 656 engine from and the finished product . :D ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
im not exactly sure. you would have to list the year motor at least and there are plenty of compatibility posts around the forum if you look around. i would think that a close year model would be almost identical as far as fitment or bolt up but i dont know much about the newer bikes:eh:
The engine is a 2013 636. I know Kawasaki made a lot of changes in the newer years but i don't know about the whole frame and chassis.

I want a 656 cc engine what the hell ! LOL .. lots of modifications will probably be needed ! If he's willing to do it then I wanna see a build thread ... where he got this 656 engine from and the finished product . :D ;)
Sorry, it was a typo. Ment to say 636 engine not 656 LOLOL Well he got to find the right frame. He really wants a frame where he can just drop the engine in the frame in without any modifications what so ever.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well i would look into fixing the frame that the motors already in if that's possible, or maybe another 2013 frame lol. as far as swapping it into another model frame i dont know the extent of difference in the mounting points but you're gonna have other things to worry about beside just bolt up like electronics in particular. are you planning on getting everything but the frame out of this 2013; ecu, wiring harness, etc? like i said it may be easier to go from the perspective of using the frame that its in now and swapping in certain new parts to fix it then discarding it as a whole.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i would look into fixing the frame that the motors already in if that's possible, or maybe another 2013 frame lol. as far as swapping it into another model frame i dont know the extent of difference in the mounting points but you're gonna have other things to worry about beside just bolt up like electronics in particular. are you planning on getting everything but the frame out of this 2013; ecu, wiring harness, etc? like i said it may be easier to go from the perspective of using the frame that its in now and swapping in certain new parts to fix it then discarding it as a whole.
Planning on getting everything out of the wrecked bike. Everything is good on the engine, ecu, wiring harness and some of the fairings. The things I need to buy new/used are the fairings that were damage, tailight, mirrors, grips, brake levers, possibly a new cluster. Gas tank got a okay size dent in it but I found someone that could repair it. These are the damages that I saw but it started up just fine. I just wanted to get a new frame just to be on the safe side.

Went to look on ebay on 2013 636 frames and got damn those are expensive. Thats why I asked if the new 2013 engine will fit any other frames besides the 2013 frame it came on.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Almost 100% it will work in any 09-12 frame, also the 13-14 race bodywork will fit on 09-12 frame.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Almost 100% it will work in any 09-12 frame, also the 13-14 race bodywork will fit on 09-12 frame.
So you are saying the new 2013 636 engine and its components will fit on a 09-12 frame with no modifications to it what so ever? Just a drop it and fits like a glove?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
So you are saying the new 2013 636 engine and its components will fit on a 09-12 frame with no modifications to it what so ever? Just a drop it and fits like a glove?
The engine should drop in no problem, the 2013 engine is just the 09-12 engine revised, hence the extra cc's but essentially the same engine. Now ECU and electronics is a different story, TC and ABS greatly complicate this. If you are running 13 electronics as well you should have no problems.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The engine is a 2013 636. I know Kawasaki made a lot of changes in the newer years but i don't know about the whole frame and chassis.

Sorry, it was a typo. Ment to say 636 engine not 656 LOLOL Well he got to find the right frame. He really wants a frame where he can just drop the engine in the frame in without any modifications what so ever.
Ah ah yeah I know I was just foolin haha ....

I have a question though .. I may have missed it .. The engine that he has ... it's in a wrecked 2013 frame ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The engine should drop in no problem, the 2013 engine is just the 09-12 engine revised, hence the extra cc's but essentially the same engine. Now ECU and electronics is a different story, TC and ABS greatly complicate this. If you are running 13 electronics as well you should have no problems.
Just the answer I was looking for! Thanks smokey11

Ah ah yeah I know I was just foolin haha ....

I have a question though .. I may have missed it .. The engine that he has ... it's in a wrecked 2013 frame ?
The bike was wrecked and wanted to get a new frame just to be on the safe side. We dont know if the frame is bad or not. We dont want to risk it so we just decided to get a new frame.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts