Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up everybody? So some of you know me as Joe, some as NEPA, some not at all, but I sold off my J today for a green 05 636 and I could not be more pumped about it.

I can guarantee this build will start off super slow and basically not at all until I get home for spring break at the beginning of march, but I figured I'd start the thread now anyways.

Mods:
High/low beam HID's (not sure on brand)
Hotbodies undertail exhaust + plastic
Power commander III
Integrated Rear tail and front blinkers smoked green
Half bubble? tinted windscreen (again, not sure on brand)
Jumper Mod
Servobuddy

Plans:
Bazzaz z-afm
Possibly new exhaust
Powdercoated rearsets
Plastidip stator/clutch/front sprocket cover
Replace missing fairing piece
Green tail piece
Non-green tail light/blinkers
Cover up airbrushing
Switch to gp shift

So my first kawi was a beat to shit 01 zx6r streetfighter. It served it's purpose for a year and a half and left me with some memories, but just way too many problems to even justify keeping it.

The thing was a pile without a truly working suspension. Eileen (iLean2Much) could vouch for that one, she sat on it when the forks were completely locked up (We also both went from Js to 636's which is awesome because I can't wait to see what she does to her's).

Somewhat sad to see it go, but it went to a good family for a kid a year younger than me wanting to ride with his dad and his brother, so I let it go for a pretty decent price.

And I won't delay it anymore, the new 636..

And a couple pictures I was sent before I bought it

More pictures are sure to come maybe tomorrow when Cory (06ZX636R) comes up to check the bike out, and if not then the build will really start the second week of March.

Thanks for lookin guy's

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
New 636 looks good.. The new exhaust should look the goods, just paint the tail the same green as it should be and ride that bike man..

·
Registered
831 Posts
Oh, many, many pics will happen tomorrow for sure.

Reactions: NEPAzx6r

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice looking bike. Congratulations!

Are the mods you mentioned already done? How many miles? What exhaust is that? Any issues? What are your future plans?

It looks great.
Those mods are already done. I think the tach says 4935 or something like that, pretty damn low. Little nick in the frame and a scratch here and there but nothing major for now. I think I have more future plans than I can think of or my wallet can handle lol. Bazzazz to replace the PC, jumper mod, rearsets, powdercoat the rims, plastidip the engine covers, platidip the top triple, maybe change the tach colors, couple odds and ends, levers, SS lines, Nissin calipers, GPR, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more lol

New 636 looks good.. The new exhaust should look the goods, just paint the tail the same green as it should be and ride that bike man..
Yeah I'm not too picky on worrying about cosmetics, but at some point I'd like to get it back to green.

After looking closer I would do something about the blurry airbrushing. It certainly doesn't help the look of the bike. Just my opinion of course.
It's a decent airbrush job up close, but definitely something I would've done. Maybe some plasti or wrap to fix it, but like I said above, cosmetics isn't my top issue.

Looking good!
Just make sure you invest in some tires (use the tire comparison chart someone posted here) those look like the original ones BT-015 or so.

Gotta give us a closeup of the exhaust. Is it the hotbodies that comes out underneath, flush?
I imagine tires will be on the list pretty soon into the season, the rear is starting to square off on this one. It was a little dark to get a picture of the exhaust tonight but you'll see one tomorrow. And yes, it's the hotbodies undertail. Cory and I are swapping exhausts tomorrow for a little while till I'm back from school, giving it a trial run and we'll see how it goes

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found out the bike's seen some better days, and is running super rich. But it does have the jumper mod done along with a servo buddy. All of this thanks to Cory, thanks again man!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Found out the bike's seen some better days, and is running super rich. But it does have the jumper mod done along with a servo buddy. All of this thanks to Cory, thanks again man!
Anytime dude. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time up in Carbondale this spring. :lol:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's running rich, does it shoot flames when you rev it hard? That would be cool to watch...as long as it's not my bike.

Btw, my exhaust wrap job works wonders. I can touch the wrapped pipe and it's only lime 90F warm.
I tried the other night but it didn't work. The j used to spit flames like it was a flamethrower though. Think I'm gonna sell the exhaust and power commander for something new and a bazzaz

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anytime dude. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time up in Carbondale this spring. :lol:
Oh I'm sure of it too haha either that or I'll be riding down there

·
Registered
831 Posts
Oh I'm sure of it too haha either that or I'll be riding down there
Just gotta get a set of spools so we can work properly. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Congrats on the pick up mate!

You wont regret it! :)

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Just gotta get a set of spools so we can work properly. :bigthumb:
Ordering those, levers, and hopefully that missing fairing piece by later today. I think that's it for now?

Edit: And that damn bushing spacer thing for the clutch lever haha. Bikebandit here I come

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ordering those, levers, and hopefully that missing fairing piece by later today. I think that's it for now?

Edit: And that damn bushing spacer thing for the clutch lever haha. Bikebandit here I come
Sounds like a good start. Get the essentials first. As much as I would like to see a Z-FI + Z-AFM plus a set of Nisins w/stainless lines on that first parts list, I can't argue with the first list.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like a good start. Get the essentials first. As much as I would like to see a Z-FI + Z-AFM plus a set of Nisins w/stainless lines on that first parts list, I can't argue with the first list.
Yeah I'm probably gonna start with those for now. I can't figure out the part number for that fairing piece though so idk what to ask anybody for thats parting a bike out, and bike bandit wants like $12 for the collar to the clutch lever. Balls

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yeah I'm probably gonna start with those for now. I can't figure out the part number for that fairing piece though so idk what to ask anybody for thats parting a bike out, and bike bandit wants like $12 for the collar to the clutch lever. Balls
Get the collar. You will need it, trust me. And for the fairing piece, just gonna have to provide a pic of it in order to describe it.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Get the collar. You will need it, trust me. And for the fairing piece, just gonna have to provide a pic of it in order to describe it.
Yeah definitely gonna need some pics. I'll send my brother out into the garage this week.

Had a girl offer me a ride home this weekend cause she has a dr appt...tempted to come home but I'm so far behind in school that it would just be horrible haha

1 - 20 of 34 Posts