Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I have a zx10 rear rim and my front rim has a slight dent. I just got new tires put on and now it's not riding right. It sounds like something is catching/rubbing. I don't think it's the chain and/or sprockets. The mechanic thinks the chains not straight because of the rim. I just spent 800 and now this. Some one please help me find some rims and maybe even the rear sprocket and spacer

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
That zx10 rim should be completely fine. Check your adjusters on each side of the axle and measure them from the swingarm pivot point to make sure they're perfectly adjusted. Did you get the wheels balanced when you got the new tires? Could be it

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Wait, the 10r rim might be slightly wider...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It it wider you're right but I didn't have a problem till now. And the tires should be balanced

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The mechanic thinks the chains not straight because of the rim. I just spent 800 and now this
Did your mechanic install the tires and the wheels on the ride? If so, then your mechanic should know what is happening. Not sure where the $800 went towards though. That would be a spendy tire change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts