Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...so last May the metal strap around the Manufacturer's original muffler just broke by where it is attached to the bike (I think it was a Factory Defect ) so instead of paying for a new muffler (because the metal strap comes with a muffler ) I proceeded to just weld it. It worked! "happy happy joy joy"....but yesterday the darn thing broke again on the same spot. I didn't have a welder this time, so I just put a wire to hold on to it in the meantime....bad idea...I was going on the highway and this really cute girl passed me in her supped up honda accord....I had show off right? damn it! the bike suddenly got super loud!!! I mean LOUD! and I knew right away what it was....I looked on the side-mirror and what do I see? that's right, sparks of a muffler left behind and cars avoiding it. I couldn't stop with a cluster of cars behind me. Anyhow, I lost it. Why bother going back. SO HERE'S MY PETITION....Does anyone have a used muffler with the whole tube that goes attached just below the suspension exhaust?? $$$ , I kinda want to have the original muffler. Nevertheless, if you any of you guys recommend something else what would be the best to get? D&D? and what exactly is "slip-on"? does that mean it comes with the whole tube? I am confused. :banghead
I'd like to have a muffler with no more than 4,000 miles on it or less. Thanks riders.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Slip on is just that, usually the midpipe and the main pipe. Full system includes the headers. Slip on is the way to go because it will cost you a hell of a lot less moolah. D & D is certainly not the best brand if you dont like loud pipes. I did an exhaust thread a while back (here) which lists most pipes for the 03/04. Good to look at if you are just gonna go on looks alone.

Sucks about the pipe. Although it would have made me laugh.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah....now that I look back I laugh too. Man I am glad it didn't cause me any trouble if you know what I mean....it just came off clean!
Ok, so I am looking at mufflers right now. I remember seeing one that was like a blueish rainbow kinda thing. I don't know what to get really. I'll look at your thread....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I just realized your picture of the bike has the muffler I was talking about....that's the one! So, not only does it look nice but does it give you the extra HP?? and do I have to adjust anything related to the gas mixture or anything else? Thanks man.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quarkz....I think I just realized that you are a girl. Sorry....for calling you "man"....anyhow, great thread about having all that info on mufflers....thanks.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you like.....go to the "for sale" section and look up "exhaust and power commander for sale" then pm me and will talk ( I also have a oem exhaust ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts