Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like a pleb :coocoo i let my lovely street fighter zx6r g1 fall over on my drive the other day as i was letting it warm up, dont ask how it happened i dont know but unfortunatly it broke the left hand foot hanger (the one with the gear leaver on) the acutal peg is fine its just the braket. any one know the best place to get one from either origional or after market ??:O

cheeper the better tbh !!

or if one from a different model will fit :s

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just a word of advice - don't let the bike warm up unless you're sitting on it...

I had the same thing happen to my GS500 back in the day and it was sitting on (what appeared to be) level ground...

And I'd check eBay for the parts you're looking for - someone who has replaced their rear sets may have the OEM equipment for sale now that they've switched things out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it a secure drive and i was in the garage with the door open but from now on i think i will =/ have tried ebay there doesnt seem to be any on there have tried a couple of breakers aswell they said there in high demand =/ do u know if any from any other models will fit ??:dowhat

·
Registered
471 Posts
How does it just fall off the side stand? I can't really wrap my head around that. I do only warm her up if im standing right beside, or sitting on because I'm paranoid anyone in ear shot would steal it if I wasn't right on top of it!

But I digress, how does it fall of the stand?

And check the classifieds on here, you may get lucky

·
Registered
707 Posts
Not in neutral it wouldn't have :coocoo
:laugh

Im confused as well, every morning I stand next to my bike as it warms up and smoke a cigarette. Between my 2 bikes, this has been a morning routine for YEARS now. Never had a bike fall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
:laugh

Im confused as well, every morning I stand next to my bike as it warms up and smoke a cigarette. Between my 2 bikes, this has been a morning routine for YEARS now. Never had a bike fall.
This is my routine as well. Before I leave for work, start the bike up, roll myself a smoke, smoke it then get on and ride. That way, both the bike and I are ready for the day. Same when I leave work, leave for the shops... Doesn't do my lungs any good, but as long as the bike is happy... :grinning:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I wish you were stateside, I just installed my new rearsets and have a bracket for the shifter side that I'd just give to you. Sadly I think shipping it over the pond will be more expensive then sourcing one more local.

Also, it would help to know what year your zx6r is to see what years would fit.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah they are for the front pal and if u read the description it tells you that you reuse your stock gear change leaver and brake pedal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts