Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says i need more power .
I have a 2002 zx636 (with carbs ,not injected)
I had a race today on the dual carraige way with some sports car crap and i beat him off the line and on the straight them he went past me :thumbdown on a bend when i let off the throttle. I bet he felt dead smug:bigfinger

I have got a scorpion can on and thats it.
also what are these resonator things suppoed to do off the air intake at the front.

it makes no faster or slower without them
Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
I believe resonators are something to do with managing air-flow into airbox, by keeping the airbox FULL of air, a bit like a header tank for the radiator????
I KNOW they are tuned to make the typical KWAKA airbox growl too, so LEAVE THEM ON!
ALso mate, what the hell car was it that beat you??? I have NEVER lost to ANY car, that's including a well driven 360 Ferrari, scooby's and porsches etc. YES when it comes to braking they can do us but as soon as we twist the wrist again, GONE!
No offence, learn to go around the corners better too! LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
All said and done,
with a bolt-on exhaust, shimmed carbs and K&N air filter.
(re-synch the carbs after the shim job)
And your bike will be at its peak performance with only 3 mods under your belt.:bigthumb:
Oh, go ahead and get the factory ign. adv. also.
(4 mods)
You will love yourself for it.:devious

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I would have thought a stock zx would take most any sports car unless the cage is really really heavily modded. Are you sure the bike is running as it should? Perhaps the clutch is slipping or its only running on two cylinders:laugh

good luck

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think most of it was to do with my nerve:redface: because i let off the throttle and then he past me, i only did about 145mph, But today when out for a ride with friends i got to 166mph before i let off
I have a max speed indicator and pic but i dont think i should put it up on here.

ill go ahead with those few mods listed and get it set up on a dyno

Thanks for the :hail

·
Registered
503 Posts
what roads are you riding on? Heathrow runway number 1????
166 mph, are you wanting to be jailed......

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same bike and have done the same, changed front and rear cogs, 1 off front and 3 on back, also engine breather pipe that ducts into air box have taken off and put on seperate K&N on, so engine can still breathe but is not pumping warm air into air box. and blocked hole in air box so the only air that the air box is getting is fresh cold air. (every little helps)
:devious

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
I beat a brand new s4 a couple of days ago.. I made him feel special though, i let him stay next to me for a bit and then I just took off like a rockkkeettttt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts