Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work tonight some dude on an '05 ZX6 waved me down. He had a Muzzy's slip-on on his '05. He told me has another he wants to get rid of (off a different bike) and he's asking $175 bucks. He said it's in great condition. I've never ridden anything with a Muzzy's before but his sounded nice. What do you think? :O BTW: Mine is still stock....

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
if you got the cash get it and if you dont like it sell it off again??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Muzzy slip on in stainless. It's a nice sounding pipe, that looks good under the tail. At that price it's a steal if the thing is in good shape.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna give the dude a call tomorrow to see if he still has it. Want it...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ehh FWIW it's ending up not as cheap as I originally thought. It looked pretty normal at first. Before I was going to install it I heard something rattling around on the inside. Took it apart and found that one of the internal bolts had come loose. Turns out it looks like somebody tried to repack it but didn't know what they were doing and stripped out one of the two holes on the inside. I had retapped the hole but it appears the plate the bolt goes thru is somewhat warped so now the bolt is too short to reach the part that got retapped. I suppose I can get a longer 6-1 bolt that will reach where there are thread or drill out the hole and retap for a larger size. Anyhow, I now need to order a repack kit (about 28 bux US) and I've already ordered the fender eliminator and servo limiter that are supposed to come with the slip-on. In the long run I really wish I just got a new Akropovich like I originally wanted to do - even if I am still saving money in the long run...

:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts