Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as of now, the bike is stock. i want to add some HP. suggestions?

are there cold air intakes for bikes?

·
Registered
17 Posts

are there cold air intakes for bikes?
I'm not sure how much HP i got on mine but i bought a Akrapovic slip-on (sounds very nice) and a K&N air fliter. The pipe is suppose to add about 10 HP, but not so sure how much on the filter. BMC is another good filter if your willing to wait. You do however save like 10 pounds on the pipe. If you got the money you can get a full exhaust for about 1500 or so. I'm saving up for a power commander and a new sprocket set, then i'm going to dyno and have it tuned... I'll let you know how that goes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I did the PCIII and dual two brothers slip on. It brought the bike from 115.5 to 117.7 I spent like $1300 on both mods. If you want more power that you will actually feel, then re-gear it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the PCIII and dual two brothers slip on. It brought the bike from 115.5 to 117.7
damnn. only 2 HP?? is that normal?

·
Registered
89 Posts
take your time and save, i started with stock bike(uk spec 2005 c1h) 101bhp, laser extreme can and k&n air filter 110bhp, power commander 117 bhp, laser race headers and re map pwc 124bhp,power commander ignition module 134bhp

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
u can 1st start off with a k&n filter or bmc filter, air box mod, aftermarket exhaust or slip on, pc111 with a tuned map, all these mods are good for 10-15 true HP on the dyno, i have all mods listed and i no it's a proven fact

·
Registered
956 Posts
Buy a GSXR 750! or a ZX10r... you can add HP to 600s but after a pipe and fuel mapping the cost to add a few HP gets expensive quick. after simple mods then you need to drop some coin on head, valve, cam, work and that is not cheap! by the time you spend the money you could have bought a 750 or 1000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh yeah i almost forgot that site that lowery636 posted... yeah i read kind of the same thing on the superstreebike mag. They call it the jumper-mod but its for 07's. Its the same concept, on the 07 i guess there is this cable that isn't being used. Its just chilling there behind the batterie. You cut the two wires that have stripes on them and crimp they together and your suppose to get like 5 to 10 HP. i can feel a bit of a difference and the engine is louder too. Its something to do with the emission laws in the us,so in the end it makes it like a euro ninja a whole 105HP!!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yea, what that mod does to the 05-06 ZX6R is change it to Euro spec. The U.S.A. is stupid and made Kawi regulate the emissions and noise. So this just un-does all that. Take THAT ozone layer!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sell it and get a 10R :laugh

j/k
There are plenty of things you can do to get more horsies out of your 6R. The thing is will you be willing to spend the money to get where you want to be.

I imagine that you want more HP to make your bike faster and quicker. Keep in mind that it is not all about HP, there is also torque and power to weight ratio. So keep that in mind as well. If you just want HP just strap on a Nitrous kit and be done with it.

Typical items:
Aftermarket filter
Slip-on
PCIII
Re-gear

Less typical, but very effective items:
full exhaust
racing camshaft
ignition module (along with a PCIII)
lightweight aftermarket wheels

can't think of anything else right now, but you get the point.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Remember, horsepower ain't the end-all, be-all answer. If you can make your bike lighter, yourself lighter, the brakes better, it will be a faster bike all-around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Remember, horsepower ain't the end-all, be-all answer. If you can make your bike lighter, yourself lighter, the brakes better, it will be a faster bike all-around.
Yup, which is exactly why Im on a strict diet right now! Damn this chicks beside me is eating mickey dees!! Damnit.

·
Registered
450 Posts
One word...JATO.

·
Registered
503 Posts
FASTER = Learn to ride better! Seriously.
Go to a track school / track day and get some proper tuition, you'll learn loads and then be able to show all your mates with their "go-faster" mods that you spent money where it mattered the most.

Yeah, losing weight helps too, ALOT!

·
Registered
60 Posts
FASTER = Learn to ride better! Seriously.
Go to a track school / track day and get some proprt tuition, you'll learn loads and then be able to show all your mates with their "go-faster" mods that you spent money where it mattered the most.

Yeah, losing weight helps too, ALOT!
+636 :thumbup

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
just buy u a 636 and be done, the extra 37cc's will come in handy when it comes to torque and HP vs the 599cc u have now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts