Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 ZX6R and I am having trouble finding what size fuel filter it takes. When I go to Dennis Kirk or Competition Accessories they give me an option of what size.
Also, where can I find replacement bolts, screws, nuts, etc for my fairings? Previous owner apparently lost some and grabbed what would work bc none of them are alike and some of the quick nuts aren't even there. I'm a disabled vet and I feel the most at peace when I am out riding. However, right now, my bike is stripped down in the garage. I ended up having a fuel leak after the winter and since the fuel filter looks crappy, I am figuring it probably is coming from there.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Pro-Bolt do a kit, anodised in whatever colour takes your fancy

Reactions: nicholsm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both.
As far as the fuel filter...what are your thoughts on the fuel that is on my garage floor? It looks like it is coming from up by the fuel filter but I'm not 100% sure. Could the fuel filter crack from the cold or should I think about replacing the fuel line in addition to the fuel filter? Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Coat the fuel line/filter or where ever you think it's coming from in baby powder that might give you a good idea of where it might be leaking

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Might as well have some nice new lines on there whilst you're in there.

And unless you did the HT leads yourself you could do them just so you know they've been done as they're prone to damp getting in them and causing issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You both are great.
By the way, I am not only a disabled Army vet, I am a 44 year old female. So some stuff really does go over my head. What are HT leads? Are they something that I buy that is near the fuel filter? I have the service manual but unfortunately it doesn't tell me everything I need to know (like the size of fuel filter i.e 1/4 or....). It also doesn't say what size bolts go where which is why I have been lost on the whole thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts