Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just joined the forum and i already need help. So i am 99% sure this is the Cham Chain Tensioner noise, sounds a lot like other zx6r with CCT noise, but i am still worried. It does kind of go away when the bike is warmed up, and as far as i can tell you cannot hear it at higher RPM, though i really can't tell due to wind noise and etc.

Bike has 11k miles, am i due for a valve adjustment? I don't think this is floating vales, bike runs fine and etc also. So any help trying to figure out this noise?

Oh, the bike is a 2005 Zx6r, coolant, oil change, brake fluids were changed recently and oil gets changed regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atZ2spnVqLA

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Don't mean to sound like an asshole, but with no video or anything what is anyone meant to say? It probably is your CCT but could be your valves?? Buy an ape manual CCT, I think you need the kt750, and then see if it stops

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
cam chain tensioner is one of the weakest links on the 636's... i would ditch the stock cct for ape manual one and she will be back to runnin quiet again.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
It's hard to tell from a video. If the noise seems to be louder on the right side then it is probably cam chain noise. It normally wouldn't be valves because the valve gaps on our bikes get tighter as things wear normally, not looser.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's hard to tell from a video. If the noise seems to be louder on the right side then it is probably cam chain noise. It normally wouldn't be valves because the valve gaps on our bikes get tighter as things wear normally, not looser.
Yeah, it is louder on the right side and it sounds like outher CCT "problem" i heard so i am assuming it is the CCT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't mean to sound like an asshole, but with no video or anything what is anyone meant to say? It probably is your CCT but could be your valves?? Buy an ape manual CCT, I think you need the kt750, and then see if it stops
Not sure if i understand, i did post up a video :O

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I can't see a video but I'm on my phone.... Sounds like its the CCT anyway. I'm going to buy an ape MCCT for peace of mind

1 - 8 of 8 Posts