Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase pants and I have no clue what to get.:dunno
Im still new to riding so please be nice.
Will mainly be riding around town (also commute to work) and mountain roads/canyon once in a while (maybe 2wice a month).
I don't want to break the bank when buying pants either so please keep that in mind.
Will only be riding during nice weather months (spring/summer/early fall).
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm rocking Bilt mesh pants from cycle gear. 70 bucks on sale. For the winter i rock a one piece tourmaster suit. My boss rides the same bilt pants and he got to test first hand when he low sided 50 mph. Not a scratch on him.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sliders 4 Kevlar jeans are what I wear in the summer. You can get them at Comp Accessories, think they run about $80, just beware of sizing. Read the reviews. They seem to be pretty well made and have excellent Kevlar coverage compared to other brands

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have these and they are really comfortable...not the most protection but adds a little piece of mind as opposed to standard jeans

Speed and Strength Rage with the Machine Jeans - RevZilla
I have the same jeans. My only complaint was the knee pads sat over to the inside edge too much. I ended up removing stitches on the knee pad pocket and the velcro strips inside and moving it all over.

I would also suggest to the OP to consider overpants if he commutes to work. Mesh overpants it gets warm at all. I wear a pair of Rev-It mesh pants. They aren't technically overpants, but work great as overpants for me as its just baggy enough to it over my jeans, but not as loose as a typical overpant.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the speed and strength: run with the bulls jeans. They offer better protection than wearing regular jeans with the kevlar lining. The bottoms near your boots are wide/baggy. Overall, i like wearing them out to the store/riding around casually.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wear armoured shorts, knee/shin guards and full boots that way I can wear whatever pants (baggy) I want. Rocking mil spec camos this year, lots of room.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
I've got mesh over pants, and waterproof textile pants.... both pair have pockets for armor at the knees and hips, as well as multiple layers of material at abrasion points.

The mesh, I wear whenever the temps go higher than 60°F. When I lived in the PNW, I could wear the waterproof textiles from about 40-80°F. Above that, they made me over heat too much to make them worthwhile.

In your neck of the woods, I would buy waterproof textiles, first.... they will extend your riding season by at least a month by keeping you warmer longer. The protection will get you to wear them most of the time, and that's when adding the mesh comes in -- so you can have that same level of protection even when it's too warm for the textiles.

Don't get too wrapped up on color schemes... the gear will last until you crash. That might be a few motorcycles into your future. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts