Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:banghead i have an 05' 636 and just got some frame slidders. It came with 2 plastic pucks, 2 bolts and washers and 1 metel spacer looking piece which side of the bike does the spacer piece go on and do i just take my stock motor mount bolts out and bolt the frame sliders right up? Please help it came with no directions.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yeah you have to cut the left side of the fender. I believe the longer slider goes on the left side of the bike. (the one you have to cut) and yes you have to remove the 2 engine bolts. Its not really that hard...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
my question is... why do you have to cut the fender... and usualy on one side... you think kawi would make the bolts line up with the opening on the fairing...

well it does on one side usualy but not the other? like is the bike crooked or something lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
you might have no cut sliders. Mine had 2 metals pieces with the sliders. 1 of them looked like a cone and the other looked like the cone attached to an oval type shape. the cone piece goes on the side where you can see the engine bolt the other piece went on the side where you cannot see the bolt.

P.S. never mind i just saw that you have a 636 and i have an 08 but maybe the info still applies.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What ever you do, dont pull both bolts at the same time! It might be dumb of me to say, But put on one at a time or you will have a big problem. You'd be lucky to keep'em lined up to be able to get them back in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for everyone's help it took me about an hour to do both sides the left side i had to cut and it was also the side the longer slder went on....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts