Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello every one.. kawasaki zx6r 2007
i bought this bike and its my first bike ever..the problem it has is when i go on 2nd gear it feels like the bike is shutting down its feels it doesn't have power the rpm goes high when the speed is very less and it ask for next gear..i went to 80 mph on 6th gear.When starting off in first gear and starting to accelerate the bike loses power/hesitates temporarily like it's not getting fuel for about a second and ten regains power..need help thanks

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The clutch lever should have 2-3mm of free play. If it's too tight the clutch might not be fully engaging any you are just revving through the gear. Try loosing the adjuster on the handle bar till the cable has slack, then bring it up to tension leaving just a little bit of play

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just adding on to innesxes111. Before you go out for you next ride be sure your have your bike idling correctly. That may help with the loss of power early in first gear. Let your bike warm up to a consistent temp. and then set your rpm's. You should be running about 1200 to 1350 and can toggle it to your preferences.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If that doesn't work you may have a clogged dirty fuel system. Put some SeaFoam in the gas tank. If it improves even a little I would bet you need to clean tank and fuel pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts