Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a plasma blue '06 636 that I thumped into a curb and lowsided

The scratches aren't bad on the front fairings as I was going exceptionally slow when the curb jumped up and got me...But somehow I got a wicked crack in the rear fairing (the part that goes under the rear seat).

I'd really like to replace this but can not find any place on the net other than chinese plastic sites that everyone is raging over. To top it off, none of them have any color code and the fairings will fit '05 and '06 BUT '05 and '06 used different color paints.

Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I haven't been able to find any true OEM parts cause google floods the results page with these cheap wholesalers. I have found some decent unpainted kits, but I really wanted to know the difference in painted OEM's with no nightmare stories attached and the price of ordering a good unpainted kit and some well matched paint along with having it painted too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wish I could be of more help. I am a little iffy of buying of ebay myself. I have also thought about just taking my current fairings somewhere and getting them painted instead. A community college down the road from me has an autobody shop that will do it for free as long as I provide all of the paint and other needed materials. That could be an option for you. Try Motorcycle Paint - ColorRite for paint matching for your bike..they are pretty pricy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts