Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first started my bike up (2003 ZX6R) It ran perfectly fine. I cleaned the chain and then rode it around some more and then parked it for about 30 min. Then I started it up again with no problems and rode down the street about 5 miles to my friends house. 20 minutes later I went to ride home and while I was pulling off my bike felt like it lost all its power and then it dies.

So I started it up again and revved the engine and the bike stalled. It can idle fine but when I rev it up it dies out.

Does anyone know why it's doing this?

Please Help, Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a Fuel pressure test on my bike and the fuel pump was only hitting the 5psi mark. Ordered a new fuel pump after I install it tomorrow I'll update this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good cuz i'd like to know why my bike dies sometimes right after starting and trying to rev a lil. had a lil crash last year and still getting things together. hope its nothing too serious

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had same prob with my 03. If it can idle but has a prob reving up the fuel pump seems the most likely culprit. While you have the pump out make sure to inspect the tank for rust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts