Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im quite new to gear bikes and i feel stupid :doh: asking but i just wanted to know
I have a 2002 zx636 a1p .
Does this have a safety feature that turns the engine off if you click it into 1st when the side stand is down.

I ask because last night it was fine but this morning every time i put it into 1st the engine turned off but i had the side stand down.

Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm almost positive that all newer bikes will cut off if the side stand is down and you put it into gear! Don't worry bro, you didn't hurt your baby!

·
Registered
80 Posts
damn, we are always the last to get the good bikes, our first year for the 636 was 2003, open mouth, insert foot....

·
Registered
127 Posts
We've all done it… i thinks, or had the enginge kill switch on and not known and wondered why she won't start! Doh!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey fella i have a 2003 a1p an i got a cut out switch on me side stand i did it day i picked bike up in petrol station in front of old bill :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iv caught the engine kill switch by accident a few times on my old bike , then wondered why it would't start.
I once pushed it out the petrol station then realised what id done and felt like a right donkey:coocoo

·
Registered
59 Posts
the sidestand switch on Kawasakis is notorious for malfunctioning.

It is worth cleaning it thoroughly with WD-40 or similar. And yes, it does function as you specified, the idea being that you not be able to engage first gear with the stand down.

A

·
Registered
17 Posts
silicon spray is better to use than wd40 as it does not evaporate and is not tacky to collect grime and grit. yep the kwaks have a cut out on the sidestand/1st gear selection but it shopuld not cut out until you let the clutch out, also u should not be able to start your machine whilst it is in gear aswell, they are all safety features that work a treat, just go and try it lol not funny when the thing has not been put back together properly by some twat dealer and u take ur 1st corner and do a skippy round it! luckily it was slow and i had only just got moving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts