Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Forgot to mention that the bike has been laying forgotten for around three years, I'm on the job to relive "her", also with a tank inner rust treatment.

Fuses have been checked.

Inviato dal mio Moto G (5) Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. Looking to replace my headlight cowling but unfamiliar with what bolts and screws are necessary to remove for success. Anyone have service manual for 2019 Zx6r?

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
I can't imagine that the process is terribly different from preceding generations.... Take off the fairing lowers, the inner panels near the headlight, remove the upper bolts beside the headlights, make sure all the clips and barbs are loose from the frame.... Mirrors off..... The entire front clip should come off as a single assembly. You'll have to unplug the harness from the front clip as it comes off. Headlights, market lights, turn signals, regulator/rectifier.

once the clip is off the bike, removing the screws that hold the panels to the cowl is fairly straightforward. Just take your time and don't force anything. Once you've done it that first time, you'll see how it will go back together. Quite a few slots and tabs that snap together to keep the parts aligned, some barbs that go into rubber grommets, and maybe half a dozen screws that look like wood screws. Patience. Reasonably warm temps to prevent cracking help.

·
Registered
6 Posts

That's how far I've gotten. Waiting for new front headlight cowl to get delivered. But wanted to familiarize myself.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I think this is the next bolt you need to remove (there is one on the other side as well):

After you remove those bolts, the front should lift up and forward to remove it.

Download the Service Manual from the previous year models (your year model is going to be similar on how the front mounts on the bike): Master Service Manual Thread

·
Registered
48 Posts
This thread still cooking?! I don’t need it just yet, but if anyone comes across the 2021 ZX6R manual, that would just be nothing short of stellar!

You all rock!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts