Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gang!

I'm into a conversion project that involves the rear end from a 02 Ninja GX6R. What I'm trying to obtain is the geometry pertaining to the mono shock. Specifically I need to know at what angle (degree) the mono shock is mounted when the bike is straight up and has no one on board.

I haven't been able to learn this from any online manuals and can't find anyone nearby with this bike. So I would be very appreciative if someone could grab a protractor and ruler and compute that for me and let me know. Or if someone knows a better way where I can find that info I'm all ears:)

Thank you
scoty

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Id help ya bro, But my bike no-longer has the stock swingarm or shock.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Would a 2000 zx6r work or does it need to be a 02?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't know...is a 02 a lot like a 00...? I have no idea.
Identical bikes.

OP, what do you need the angle of orientation for anyways? What bike is this swingarm going on?

Need a little more info in order to help you out there, bud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm trying to morph a 76 KZ 900 into a something like a streetfighter...kinda. For safety/handling reasons I want to get that angle as close as possible to original.

Crazymater91...per LarryJ they are identical...so if you have a 00 or access to one you could measure I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
hey i just rough measurerd it its about 76 degrees i will do it again later on an git a pic of how i did it

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
sorry guys am just giting off work i will try to git to it tomorrow

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
i used a bevel to git the angle i used the cross brace between the two swingarms to git it its going to be 107 degrees

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
let me know if you need different angle let me know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts