Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Looking more and more like we're going to miss it. Not having reliable transportation is killing our track time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I'd like to go, but no race gear or way to get my bike there in reasonable comfort. I know all my buddies at 1000rr.net within three or four states plan on going. But I think they mentioned you had to be invited because it was being put on a racing school/company?

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I'd like to go, but no race gear or way to get my bike there in reasonable comfort. I know all my buddies at 1000rr.net within three or four states plan on going. But I think they mentioned you had to be invited because it was being put on a racing school/company?

Nope. You just have to get up with the organization hosting the track day and get your spot.

As far as gear, I don't remember for sure but I don't think you were in Raleigh. If you are, you can borrow my gear and if you have a truck you can use my trailer. My bike isn't ready to go so I 99% won't be able to make it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nope. You just have to get up with the organization hosting the track day and get your spot.

As far as gear, I don't remember for sure but I don't think you were in Raleigh. If you are, you can borrow my gear and if you have a truck you can use my trailer. My bike isn't ready to go so I 99% won't be able to make it.
Thanks for the offer! But it's too short of a notice for me. It would be nice to actually ride on a groomed track for a change. lol.

I'm in Fayetteville BTW. Been looking for an excuse to buy a Dainese EVO 1-piece. Just can't pull the trigger on a $1,000 purchase right now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm on my way now. Got permission from the wife at the last minute. I'm sleeping in my truck outside the gate lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
Where you guys pitted at?

·
Registered
623 Posts
What bike are riding? And where was it you pitted last time?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the black 2013 zx6r and a blue sv650 . I'm running yellow group. Same area we pitted before.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another beautiful day at NCbike. The conditions were perfect. There were 4 groups, Blue, Red, Yellow, and White. A lot of riders

I started off in the white group, riding my son's SV to evaluate the new brake and suspension upgrades. As usual there were a bunch of red shirted noobies (no offense to them, a good place to start). On the last session before lunch, on the last lap, a guy on a CBR I believe, was determined to pass me, which he did. He then proceeded to nearly run into the back of one of the red shirted riders in front of me, and at the last second swerved into the grass and went off the bike. I went in and assumed the corner workers saw what had happened. Because they were busy waving the flags, no corner worker saw him, and he laid out there for several minutes before he was treated.

After that and Ebster's experience, I applied for and received a bump to Yellow, which had some very smooth, consistent riders, and the rest of the day went uneventfully.

Next stop NJMP!:naughty::cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts