Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX6R i have a problem. just finished tuned up by a mechanic, changed oil, spark plugs, balance the carbs. my problem is it is ok with 1st gear and second gear but when I go to 3rd and speed is 80kph the engine will go like dead but when i return the throttle a fraction back, it goes back to normal. it cannot go over 80kph and rpm will not go over 6000 on 3rd gear and up. hope to have some help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow I have no idea.

I would have said carb issues but it is fine in 1st and 2nd.

Did you take a look to see if he left a line or plug wire off?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check you air lines going to the intake system
I have no fairings on my bike and without a tube hooked up at the front my bike wouldn't carbuerate over 80K
I think they go to a mass air system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup youre right pipes the tube was disconnected. I will ride the later and try the top speed. thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
no problem, happy to help out ride safe.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have a 2006 ZX6R i have a problem. just finished tuned up by a mechanic, changed oil, spark plugs, balance the carbs. my problem is it is ok with 1st gear and second gear but when I go to 3rd and speed is 80kph the engine will go like dead but when i return the throttle a fraction back, it goes back to normal. it cannot go over 80kph and rpm will not go over 6000 on 3rd gear and up. hope to have some help.
Your 2006 is carbed????

·
Registered
764 Posts
Make sure all of your vacuum lines are connected and like he said make sure all is synced.

·
Registered
764 Posts
so you have a 2000 then lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts