AGV Sport Willow 1PC Race Suit
Bell Vortex Helmet
Joe Rocket Super street boots-Looking to upgrade when money comes along
Joe rocket Sonic gloves

Parts waiting to be installed...
1) Vortex rearsets
2) Vortex clip ons
3) Vortex clutch/brake lever guards

My old thread looks and for some odd reason got messed up last year. So I went ahead and made this one which will actually be updated this time :2fingerlol: I did a couple track days last year at The Motosports ranch in Texas and fell in love with the track. As of tonight, I made the call at making my zx6r a dedicated track bike. Im looking to buy a KLR650(unless someone has a better idea for a dual sport bike?) to keep myself entertained in between the track days. I purchased a handful of Barber track days this year. First one being May 9th(anyone going?) Bike currently has 18450 miles and is going in for its first check of the valves this week.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah, the klr's have been around for quite some time now. I would love to get the ktm 690, but financially isn't possible right now. My price range are the klr's,xr's and dr's.

#8 ·
I took that picture prior to having the plastic rivets to install it. Dont worry, I got one :) Trying to decide now if I want to find a race harness to get rid of all the nonsense wiring for the lights. If anybody knows where I can get one on the cheaper side aka used etc, let me know please.

And wheresmylid, that is a great point! thanks for the input :2fingerlol:

#10 ·
Question, Im about to install my vortex rearsets and its says "the adjustability of these rearsets will require that you install a longer hose between the rear brake master cylinder and fluid reservoir. Brake fluid hose is included in kit. Once you decide on footpeg position hose length can be adjusted". First, I don't see a hose kit unless I'm wrong in thinking its another rubber hose? And secondly, would I be able to play with the adjustment during a day at the track without running into the issue of the hose length? Thanks!

#11 ·
Mini update- Rattle canned the plastic's. Was going for the motocard race bikes design and didn't have the kawasaki green available. Still came out good IMO for track plastics. Installed the vortex rearsets and vortex clip ons. Have not had a chance to play with them yet but will soon. First track day is at Barber, May 9th. Need to swap out the tires as well. Always had the q'3 and will probably stick with them for the money/effectiveness.

Attachments

Reactions: rtrofimovich
#13 ·
I got them for a great deal while I was overseas. I got everything 50% off from vortex.

#14 · (Edited)
Quick question. Im installing the rear brake line from the reservoir to the cylinder(not to the caliper). My mechanic mentioned if I disconnect one of the ends first, I wouldn't get air in the system and wouldn't have to bleed them. Does anyone know which end first? Thanks!!

NVM- thought of it mid process :)

#16 ·
Yeah, couldn't do much with them at my parents house when I was deployed haha But your probably gonna be right the first time my shin hits them. Hopefully with the amount of grip, my feet wont slip off lol

#17 ·
Well it's a perfect start to what's gonna be my best track day experience to date. Gonna be ripping up barber Motorsports all day today!!

Reactions: CHEEF13 and Matoo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.