Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
yes it is I got an attorney
Who is your field service rep?
and who at Kawasaki customer support have you talked to?

record everything and go get pictures of the damages, better still go get the whole damn bike and take it elsewhere for an independent evaluation, if you go to court it is the word of "an expert" vs your thoughts at this point

you need another expert or two to combat their "expert"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Who is your field service rep?
and who at Kawasaki customer support have you talked to?

record everything and go get pictures of the damages, better still go get the whole damn bike and take it elsewhere for an independent evaluation, if you go to court it is the word of "an expert" vs your thoughts at this point

you need another expert or two to combat their "expert"
Is there anything anyone can do to possibly avoid this as a potential weak spot on ZX6R’s? Any way to make the valve train slightly stronger?

I don’t bounce off the revvv limiter, and I don’t really revvv all that high. But I am planning on swapping cams very soon, and if there’s anything I can do to to prevent dropped valves, I’d like to do that.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Is there anything anyone can do to possibly avoid this as a potential weak spot on ZX6R’s? Any way to make the valve train slightly stronger?

I don’t bounce off the revvv limiter, and I don’t really revvv all that high. But I am planning on swapping cams very soon, and if there’s anything I can do to to prevent dropped valves, I’d like to do that.
It isn't a weak spot on the zx6r or any other bike out there, sure there are isolated incidents--just like with all mass produced machines.......

Your cams aren't going to do what you desire without all supporting mods...........and contact your cam manufacturer (I assume regrinds!) about if you need stiffer springs, or the bucket well needs to be ground etc.......

The stiffer the spring the more wear and tear on the keepers and top of the valve stem and the more prone they are to break there, so they may even come back and say you need aftermarket valves, springs, retaining washers and keepers......... varies so much based on cam grind.......thus you need to see what they say

but no way no how I would ever throw cams in any engine without physically doing a cam profile map of my own and measuring PTV clearances, cam timing and setting it up to some exacting specs, along with all the necessary supporting mods to make them a worthwhile investment.........and for a modern day streetbike, especially a 600 sportbike ridden on the street--- I cannot see any reason to ever spend the monies it would truly take to make such an insiginificant change, and likely not for the better where the bike is ridden 90% of the time........unless one is joe stupid idiot and lives above 10k all day everyday on the street

·
Registered
134 Posts
It isn't a weak spot on the zx6r or any other bike out there, sure there are isolated incidents--just like with all mass produced machines.......

Your cams aren't going to do what you desire without all supporting mods...........and contact your cam manufacturer (I assume regrinds!) about if you need stiffer springs, or the bucket well needs to be ground etc.......

The stiffer the spring the more wear and tear on the keepers and top of the valve stem and the more prone they are to break there, so they may even come back and say you need aftermarket valves, springs, retaining washers and keepers......... varies so much based on cam grind.......thus you need to see what they say

but no way no how I would ever throw cams in any engine without physically doing a cam profile map of my own and measuring PTV clearances, cam timing and setting it up to some exacting specs, along with all the necessary supporting mods to make them a worthwhile investment.........and for a modern day streetbike, especially a 600 sportbike ridden on the street--- I cannot see any reason to ever spend the monies it would truly take to make such an insiginificant change, and likely not for the better where the bike is ridden 90% of the time........unless one is joe stupid idiot and lives above 10k all day everyday on the street
The company that sales these cams performs some like world class engineering, and I will give them that. But, they are in another country. And their email responses have been pretty vague, and total opposite of world class, not even kidding.

So far, I asked what do I need to do to use these cams from Robby Moto. They were pretty much like.

“Drop em in bruh!“ “Stock motor BRUH!” “ROLL ON BRUH”

LOL.

I sent a follow up email. Trying to get more specific information.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
The company that sales these cams performs some like world class engineering, and I will give them that. But, they are in another country. And their email responses have been pretty vague, and total opposite of world class, not even kidding.

So far, I asked what do I need to do to use these cams from Robby Moto. They were pretty much like.

“Drop em in bruh!“ “Stock motor BRUH!” “ROLL ON BRUH”

LOL.

I sent a follow up email. Trying to get more specific information.

View attachment 111687

So they are like Valleygirls only dumber..........

not very confidence inspiring...

Follow up with,
Do you include cam timing specs to set cam timing to?..... and ...... Do you sell slotted cam sprockets or include them with the camshafts?

61 - 67 of 67 Posts