Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
go new pop your own bike's cherry you will know her better than somebody else's left over i will bet you she will be loyal to you if you take good care of her..

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Your bike ain't the problem.....it's your engine.
If every other aspect of the bike is pleasing to you,
rebuild the engine to what you want or need. It's
cheaper than a new bike, and your bike might as well
be new from that point. Plus, you can overbore & go
larger than a 636 & have one helluva sleeper.

As far as what you CAN'T do.....you'll never know if you
never try it. STOP LIMITING YOURSELF!!! You won't make
it any worse than it already is.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Your bike ain't the problem.....it's your engine.
If every other aspect of the bike is pleasing to you,
rebuild the engine to what you want or need. It's
cheaper than a new bike, and your bike might as well
be new from that point. Plus, you can overbore & go
larger than a 636 & have one helluva sleeper.

As far as what you CAN'T do.....you'll never know if you
never try it. STOP LIMITING YOURSELF!!! You won't make
it any worse than it already is.
+1

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I decided to part ways with my ZX; I sold it to someone who intends on rebuilding it for the track.
I have a post on the classifieds for a lot of her parts, hit me up if you like something. I might not have a sale history here, but the parts are legit and I am an honest person who was sold a lemon. Unless I find a screaming deal on a new ZX I believe I will be buying a Yamaha R6 for my next bike. No Gixxer, I don't want to go there :)

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
R6's...fun as hell to ride, serious corner carvers. Useless powerband on the street....great for track days or racing. Not too comfortable either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
R6's...fun as hell to ride, serious corner carvers. Useless powerband on the street....great for track days or racing. Not too comfortable either.
Really? No good on the street? hmmm... I have yet to ride one, but they look and sound sick. I got a bit tired sometimes after riding my 636 for a while though.
Two of my cousins have R6's and they love the things, plus they've had no mechanical issues whatsoever. My little cousin rides it like he hates the thing and it keeps asking for more.:cry:
Too bad my Ninja gave out sooo quick, because I do like ZX6's.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't understand why you would part it out instead looking for a motor on ebay or a salvage yard if you like it so much. It gonna be cheaper putting a motor in it. I have a r6 too along with my kawi and i rather ride my kawi instead. You have one of the best years IMO for kawi period...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Really? No good on the street? hmmm... I have yet to ride one, but they look and sound sick. I got a bit tired sometimes after riding my 636 for a while though.
Two of my cousins have R6's and they love the things, plus they've had no mechanical issues whatsoever. My little cousin rides it like he hates the thing and it keeps asking for more.:cry:
Too bad my Ninja gave out sooo quick, because I do like ZX6's.
I like the looks of the R6 too, but they are known for having the worst ergonomics of the 600's. It all comes to personal choice in the end though. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Hey guys, my 05 ZX-6R gave out on me while riding on the freeway. It looks like I will be getting rid (I DID) of it in the next couple of days if everything works out. I fell in love when I first saw her, and riding her is something I will never forget, it was fun while it lasted.
That being said I am looking forward to a new bike- I am considering a Gixxer or R6, but I like the ZX-6R too (Honda is out of the question). Given my experience with Kawasaki I feel a bit hesitant in buying another Kawi. Should I be?
I've heard Kawasakis are not as good as the others I mentioned... Any of you have any suggestions or personal experiences that relate to my tragic story?
I wouldn't consider another Kawi, but then again, I've gone through the exact same thing you did and more probably.....and I went the Ducati route. The ZX is a great bike but things like this totally ruin such an amazing bike.

·
Registered
434 Posts
my friend sold his 636 for a R6 he regret that move

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I don't understand why you would part it out instead looking for a motor on ebay or a salvage yard if you like it so much. It gonna be cheaper putting a motor in it. I have a r6 too along with my kawi and i rather ride my kawi instead. You have one of the best years IMO for kawi period...
Before it went out, the shop told me the chain was needed, the tensioner needed to be changed, the front tire needed to be replaced, my second gear didn't work too well.
It all added up, then I need a new engine? It was too much bro, you feel me?
Sometimes its best to admit a bad investment (buying it), and cut my loses...:(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I feel yea can't really argue about that. Hope it all works out for you and stay on 2 wheels and find the bike you really want.
You know I am staying on two wheels man. I hope get my new bike within a month or so.
I guess now you are the only "LB" rider with a ZX on this forum, ha ha.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I have sold most of the bike already. I have some parts left over, please check them out.
I have a question for all Kawasaki junkies here, what model is considered the most reliable ZX6R?

·
Registered
13 Posts
my 2021 droped a valve number to piston drop the exhaust valve the bike is less than a year old and Kawasaki doesn't want to take care of it knowing that it's their fault they said lack of oil to the top of the motor but none of the bearings are bushings on nothing or overheated or nothing

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
my 2021 droped a valve number to piston drop the exhaust valve the bike is less than a year old and Kawasaki doesn't want to take care of it knowing that it's their fault they said lack of oil to the top of the motor but none of the bearings are bushings on nothing or overheated or nothing
Did u really maintain the bike and oil level like it should be?

I would take it to another dealer and keep pushing the issue. Call corporate and all that shit. Its still under warranty isnt it??

41 - 60 of 67 Posts