Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
stick with Kawi i consider a lot of other bike i end the same where i started a Kawi all the other brands are like girl you have one but you always think the other one are better the only diff is big boobs,fat a** dont listen to the shops or the other guys
Almost everyone would just stare at my bike; I got lots of props on it while riding it. I think they look good, too bad my bike turned out to be a lemon.
My bike seemed to tick a lot too since I got it, but since it was my first bike I didn't really pay that much attention; I figured bike engines tick more than car engines.
I am trying to see what kind of deal the local dealership will give me on a 2011 ZX, but I have seen some sweeet used R6's and Gixxers.:alien:
I hope to have a new bike within the next month. Riding was taken from me so abruptly, I sure do miss riding.
I have decided to forgo the purchase of a used engine.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Get another Kawi.....You'll only ever feel incomplete if you went with something else ;)

Plus I wouldn't talk to you if you bought a *spit* gixxer *spit*......No but really :dowhat

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Get another Kawi.....You'll only ever feel incomplete if you went with something else ;)

Plus I wouldn't talk to you if you bought a *spit* gixxer *spit*......No but really :dowhat
Ha ha, I gotta get a Kawi then.
Truth be told I would even pick up another 636 like mine's, I would have to have inspected at a shop first though (if I went used). I like the Orange ones, they look bad ass.
I don't any more problems if I went used.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Or buy from a dealer, that way you have some sort of comeback if there was anything wrong with the bike.

I can't wait to see pics of your new 636 ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive owned 2 differnt 636s my first was a 04 model i got hit by a car & the bike was totalled then i bought my 06 model 636 which i like a whole lot better i think that the looks & styling of the 05-06 models are by far the best looking with the undertail mounted exhaust

·
Registered
434 Posts
Almost everyone would just stare at my bike; I got lots of props on it while riding it. I think they look good, too bad my bike turned out to be a lemon.
My bike seemed to tick a lot too since I got it, but since it was my first bike I didn't really pay that much attention; I figured bike engines tick more than car engines.
I am trying to see what kind of deal the local dealership will give me on a 2011 ZX, but I have seen some sweeet used R6's and Gixxers.:alien:
I hope to have a new bike within the next month. Riding was taken from me so abruptly, I sure do miss riding.
you are out number here so surender already

·
Registered
863 Posts
There are new 09 and 10's still floating around. I would see if you could get one of those cheaper than an 11. There is a new 08 zzr going for 5600 at a local dealer here. Look around and you can find a good deal on a carry over then you can break it in yourself and know the bikes full history.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
if my knowledge is right he would have to get a 03 to a 06 model to get a 636 bcz in 07 the dropped the engine size to 599cc
You're right, the 636 was only done from 03 to 06....

So what's your point? :O

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
A lemon is a lemon. Buying used bikes are always a gamble. Luckily my 05 has been solid with +14K. What ever you deciede, good luck with it. An R6 would be a better second choice.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
IMHO, hands down 600 class the ZX the best bike i have riden from acceleration to handleing! If your gonna stray away from Kawi.. i would recommend an R1.... best of luck on your decission

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
A lemon is a lemon. Buying used bikes are always a gamble. Luckily my 05 has been solid with +14K. What ever you deciede, good luck with it. An R6 would be a better second choice.
The fact you have had good luck with yours is awesome. I definitely didn't see myself looking for another bike so soon. I really liked my ZX too, too bad- $hit happens.
An R1 would be great, but I don't think I am ready for a liter bike yet, besides I like the compactness of a 600 bike.
As soon as I get rid of my bike I will officially start looking for my next bike, and the more I think about it the more I believe a new one is the way to go.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I dabble as a mechanic, but an engine tear down and rebuild I can't do.
Shop was charging me about 1600-1800, yeah I don't think so. Ha ha.
Find a race shop. The price for a stage 1 rebuild with quality racing parts may not be that much, depending on how much damage you have. Cylinders can be coated and heads can be repaired.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts