Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
FWIW, I owned a Yamaha FZ6 through 25K miles.... that underseat exhaust made the experience painful in the summer time. It would have been worse in TX than it was in OR at the time.

Look for an 09 and up if you can.

The underseat exhaust wasn't that bad as far as heat was concerned when it was still stock. However, I had modified the tail and exhaust to have a side exit pipe like the 09+ bikes.

I just love everything about the 09, but if I can find a decent 07-08, I'll still be happy. 09-11's are hard to come by down here right now.

FWIW, I owned a Yamaha FZ6 through 25K miles.... that underseat exhaust made the experience painful in the summer time. It would have been worse in TX than it was in OR at the time.

Look for an 09 and up if you can.

The underseat exhaust wasn't that bad as far as heat was concerned when it was still stock. However, I had modified the tail and exhaust to have a side exit pipe like the 09+ bikes.

I just love everything about the 09, but if I can find a decent 07-08, I'll still be happy. 09-11's are hard to come by down here right now.

OP, this is what my bike was sitting at when I was riding it. Compared to a bone stock 07 (red), mine was tucked pretty good.

:lookaround:pics please....not the bikes
lol... stop looking for a meal ticket.

@GrabberBlue: when you find a lowering kit or know of a good one we now have the same bikes and i'd be interested in lowing mine just a bit to have firmly planted feet.

Wow...I don't know about that. I always heard that lowering a bike isn't good for it. From what I know, it changes the dynamic of the bike so much that it's not recommended. I'm just affraid of bottoming out on the highway..

My wife on a Honda Grom at the Motorcycle Show last month. Her two bikes (2008 SV 650 & 2014 Street Triple R) are both lowered two inches, but notice she staddles the Grom with plenty of height leftover.

For chicks who are too short for even a lowered 250, the Grom is their last chance for riding. It's ten worlds better than any scooter.

My gf is 5'4" and 105. She has a long torso and short legs. We bought her an 06 ZX6R and lowered it 2" front and rear. With her riding it the ground clearance is fine and she doesn't ride it hard on the street. Now she has also has ridden my 06ZX10 on the track as well as she has a 03 R6 as a track bike and both of those are at stock height approx.

Had same issue with a friend. She is 5'2 an 115. so we bought a 96 ninja 250 an lowered it a bit an she bought thick riding shoes works great for her.

I am 5'2" and have a 2006 zx6r. Before that I had a 94 CBR 600. Neither one was lowered in any way. I am either on the tip of my toes or one foot at a time no probem. She just needs to get comfy. I suggest a pair of boots. There is touring boot that has a heal insert that may help. Daytona Lady Star that has one. It's on the pricey side but I am sure there are others.

my wife is 4'11'' has a ex250 its been lowered and the seat shaved so she can touch with both feet. I wouldn't suggest pounding it in anyones head to hold the bike with one leg if it doesn't feel right to them they will not do it or try and end up dropping the bike and getting discouraged

Get the 250 and drop it. I've also seen some tiny chicks on SV650s
Or he could just get her a scooter & tell her it's a sport bike.
Whocanitbenow can print em up some Ninja stickers for it. Something like ZX100 Ninja ...???

Dani Pedrosa is 5'2" he gives me inspiration! I am a 5'2" female and I did not want to lower my bike so I learned to ride and stop with one foot. It sure was scary at first. I can also pick my bike up by myself too. :cool3:
Wow thats so cool! I'm a 4'10" female and bought a 636. I am in the process of lowering so I can even touch LOL. I'm totally ok with not being flat footed. I took the safety course at harley davidson and that totally made feel so much more comfortable on a bike and using only one foot. They also taught us how to pick up bikes :) GIRL POWER!

Wow thats so cool! I'm a 4'10" female and bought a 636. I am in the process of lowering so I can even touch LOL. I'm totally ok with not being flat footed. I took the safety course at harley davidson and that totally made feel so much more comfortable on a bike and using only one foot. They also taught us how to pick up bikes :) GIRL POWER!
I didn't know they made a 636 in 1998.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.