Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who didn't see my other thread, I had a bad accident this past weekend at NCBike. Here is the little blurb I wrote about the experience:

Worst weekend of my life. Less than 10 minutes after departing NY some young girl hit my trailer on the road and destroyed the drivers side light. She then insisted on calling the police only for the arriving officer to determine she had an expired license and no insurance. Needless to say, the accident became the least of her worries and the bimbo walked away with two tickets. Smooth move sweetheart. All in all with the cop coming and getting a new light to install, we killed over an hour.

Then we had major traffic issues getting down here which turned a 450 mile drive into an unbearable 12 hour car ride. We got in at 4am, passed out, and were up at 7 am to get to the track, tech in, and ride.

Then on my third session of the day some fucking squid on a gixxer plowed into the back of me at speed as I was braking for turn one after the straight away. Still no idea what this mental midget was thinking, but if he didn't rear end me he would have been off the track and into the barrier. Was carrying wayy too much speed to ever make the turn. The hit resulted in a damaged bike and a badly broken collar bone. Now I am 450 miles from home and require surgery which I am hoping will happen on Tuesday morning.

Not sure what I did in my previous life to deserve all this, but I really must have been a piece of shit...
Well, the bad news continues. I went under the knife yesterday for what was supposed to be a very simple surgery of a small plate and a few screws on the broken clavicle. When the doctor cut me open, however, he found that it was actually broken into 5 pieces and would require the biggest titanium plate which was 6" long as well as 12 screws. Due to the size of the plate and the severity of the break, not only will the recovery time be longer, I also wont be able to hit the track again until the plate is removed. It is big enough that trauma in that area could result in a pierced artery and me losing my life. Well, the plate cant be removed for 6 months time so my season is a complete wash.

The only bit of good news is that somehow my bike made out ok and there was very little damage. The only parts I need to replace are the ram air, the front fairing stay, and the Vortex rear brake lever. All the other damage is just aesthetic and not stuff I will chose to replace. Rashed up body work, slightly wore down frame slider, dented fuel tank, rashed throttle side grip and MotionPro throttle housing, and a scratched up swingarm.

Man...I really want to find the kid that did this and fuck him up.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I feel terrible to hear of your experience, man. That is horrid. Only positive out of this story is that it could have probably been worse.

Recover soon... there is always next year for track.

Reactions: Ebster1085

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
holy shit, thats horrible. i hope you heal up soon bud, what happened to the GSXR? rider walk away without a scratch?
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

The Gixxer looked pretty fucked up and had significant front end damage. Both forks were shot from what I could see. The rider, though, walked away uninjured which pisses me off.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

The Gixxer looked pretty fucked up and had significant front end damage. Both forks were shot from what I could see. The rider, though, walked away uninjured which pisses me off.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
On the gixxer forum...

went into a turn feeling awesome, about to win the track day, when some idiot on a Kawi decided to slow down for the curve. I can't believe he wasn't smart enough to get out of my way. I have a Two Brothers exhaust, I know he heard me coming.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
On the gixxer forum...

oh god, rally the troops. were heading over to the gixxer forums...

also, win the track day... what the fuck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
On the gixxer forum...
:coocoo R you freaking serious!! We should all go to the gixxer forum and start an all out internet bike war!! :2fingerlol: lol jkjk

Man the important thing is that your ok, your bike is fixable and hopfully in some months and speedy recovery you will walk out of there. Forget about that guy, you dont need to wish anything bad on him or get pissed cuz he did not get hurt. He'll get whats comn to him, it always comes around you keep ur consience clean.

Reactions: Ebster1085

·
Registered
5,064 Posts

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
On the gixxer forum...
lol, tell me you are making this up for affect,

Otherwise my small belief in mankind is yet again diminished some more by ignorance and stupidity

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
lol, tell me you are making this up for affect,

Otherwise my small belief in mankind is yet again diminished some more by ignorance and stupidity
...if he is he got me lol, i just spent like 10 mins browsing the gsxr and gixxer forums to see if this was real.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Although if he hadn't included "I was about to WIN the track day..." I'd have believed it plausible. As it is I got a good chuckle out of it.:laugh

1 - 20 of 74 Posts