Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me a couple of weeks ago. Since then i've changed the standard exhaust to a Scorpion exhaust. Also changed the screen to a Air Blade Double Bubble and fitted crash bungs.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good to see an older one here too, once I get mine back to my house I will be posting picks on here of my G2.
Does yous sound like a whaling banshee too with the new can??

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. Yep, It's fantastic when out riding a proper deep "whaling banshee" sound. A mate of mine has got a 1200 Bandit with GP style short exhaust and that is stupidly load. I will post some up to date photos at the weekend.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers bizmarcz, This was when it was in standard trim. In the back ground is my mates GSXR 750 SRAD. He's trading it in next week and getting an 05, 4k mile Fireblade.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cool bike and love the colour! Bet it sounds awesome with the Scorpion exhaust. :cool

It will be your fault if I wank £500 on an Akrapovic exhaust for my bike. Hope you are happy, tempting me like that, I want my bike to howl like a whaling banshee too!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Horsegun very happy, I got the Scorpion can off ebay £80.+ £8.50 postage. It's nearly new. New it would have been about £220.00. Hopefully this might save you money mate. Go on get one!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cheers Horsegun very happy, I got the Scorpion can off ebay £80.+ £8.50 postage. It's nearly new. New it would have been about £220.00. Hopefully this might save you money mate. Go on get one!
If I could find an exhaust for £80 off ebay for my bike I would have 2!

The prices for 07/08 exhausts are around the £500 mark and there are no used ones listed on ebay.... Must be strong, must not blow any more money on motorbikes or motorbike gear....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got a micron race can on my G2, I was jammy being in the right place at the right time and got it for £25, as it's polished alloy it looks awesaome when freshly polished imo.
The sound is really distinctive too, my mate said he could here me coming half a mile away from his house, so every time I got to his place he was just about ready to fire up too.
Any dopy drivers who cut me up, certainly got woken up once I passed them too.
Looking forward to your pics too.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
nice ride mate, i am looking at getting scorpion can for my bike as well, are they the same size as the standard?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Arron, It's exactly the same fitment straight on. It's lighter and slightly shorter in length. My one came off a J1 model but makes no difference. I'll post some more pictures of it on Saturday mate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts