Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a clean removal of the cat. He also picked up 5hp. All he has done is cat removal and the free mod with a air filter(Don't remember K&N or BMC?). He hasn't even installed a PCIII yet. Just so you notice that isn't his tq lol that's NM. That HP is really nice though.

Sometime in october I am definatly doing this along with a PCIII.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
removing your secondary butterflies is another cheap mod u can do to gain a few extra hp, takes like 30 min to do and u will feel a better throttle responce as well

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry too sound like a Noob, but i didnt know bikes had cats? Is this all bikes? Its good too see you got a HP bump, did the exhaust tone change?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was thinking about removing my cat too..but only thinkg I was sure about was how it was gonna sound. Anyway, keep us posted on how this turns out and a sound clip if possible.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Sorry too sound like a Noob, but i didnt know bikes had cats? Is this all bikes? Its good too see you got a HP bump, did the exhaust tone change?
In 6R's it was only the 2005 and newer, I think. Probably wrong though.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about removing my cat too..but only thinkg I was sure about was how it was gonna sound. Anyway, keep us posted on how this turns out and a sound clip if possible.

When you buy full exhaust you lose the cat anyways.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
whats the cost on removing the cat with the new pipe?? Does it sound much diff??

·
Registered
900 Posts
The 2000 modelJ1 has a cat of sorts (KLEAN) part is in the end can the other is in the headers tubing, it why an end can change makes a big difference to the pick up. Problem is finding some headers that don't have a Cat in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts