Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked this up today from CT. I think i got a good deal. :) What do you guys think of it? Also, does anyone know how many zx6rr's were made in 2003?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Awesome year. Looks gorfgeous. Very clean.

Going from memory I think there were 3500 made worldwide...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very, very nice. I like the polished frame and the pilot powers. Not as torquie as the 636, but 9k and above and the slipper clutch on this bike are amazing. Also I believe 500 were released to US dealers. I've only seen 1 on the road and we were both like,"Holy Shit Dude!" Its cool being the only double r in a sea of gixxers and such. I'll never go back!

·
Registered
348 Posts
If i recall correctly only 2000 were made for each year (03 & 04) so like 4000 in total. 2000 is the number needed to homolagate them for racing. 2000 street models need to be sold to race them. I know for a fact that Kawi lost money with these bikes as they came with a completly higher spec than the 636, but Kawi did not care as it was needed for racing and they still made tons of 636's. It's not just the engine being 599cc, the frame is slightly more aggressive (tighter rake) and they all have an excellent slipper clutch. They 04's went a huge step further by adding forged pistons, bigger valves, high-flow head, twin injectors, etc. The last 4 digits of your vin# is the production number out of 2000. For example #483/2000. These bikes are quite rare compared to the 636 as most went straight to the track and some people did not even know what they had. They were $1,000 more expensive than the regular 636.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
thats a wicked ride mate and i would love to have a bike like that

·
Registered
82 Posts
If i recall correctly only 2000 were made for each year (03 & 04) so like 4000 in total. 2000 is the number needed to homolagate them for racing. 2000 street models need to be sold to race them. I know for a fact that Kawi lost money with these bikes as they came with a completly higher spec than the 636, but Kawi did not care as it was needed for racing and they still made tons of 636's. It's not just the engine being 599cc, the frame is slightly more aggressive (tighter rake) and they all have an excellent slipper clutch. They 04's went a huge step further by adding forged pistons, bigger valves, high-flow head, twin injectors, etc. The last 4 digits of your vin# is the production number out of 2000. For example #483/2000. These bikes are quite rare compared to the 636 as most went straight to the track and some people did not even know what they had. They were $1,000 more expensive than the regular 636.
Very nice! Thanks for that info

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree loads of fun, know how I know, i rode it home on Saturday night and it was freezing and i still loved it. thanks everyone for the info and support!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so I've heard a few diff production numbers put out there from 2000-3500. Does anyone know for sure how many were made in 2003? thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts