Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some shots of my broken collar bone. I had 5 breaks total, but as you can see from the initial pic, its pretty deceiving and just looks like one big break. It was only when the surgeon cut me open that he realized how badly it was broken.

There is an xray of the break, an xray of the 6" titanium plate and screws they used to fix it, and a shot of the scar I am now sporting. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get well soon buddy ! If you need anything i'd be more than willing to help !
Stay safe man
Thanks dude! Ahead of schedule with recovery, apparently, and really hoping I can get back out there for a track day or two before the year is out.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Ouch! Put down that iPad! Rest it! You will better before u know it!

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Damn, that looks rough, they really have to filet you open to get in there to the collar. My neck surgery scar is maybe 1/5th that size and I have similar rods in my neck.

·
Registered
623 Posts
That's going to leave a pretty scar on your shoulder.

At least you're alive and can tell people the story of dipshit on a gsxr.

Reactions: Ebster1085

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Crazy shit man...really does just look like one big break - Hope the recovery goes well!

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least you're alive and can tell people the story of dipshit on a gsxr.
Yea man. As cliche as it is, it could have been much worse and I am thankful to have walked away with my life and in one piece. The wound will heal, and the bike will be fixed. I have enjoyed telling fellow riders that the guy was riding a gixxer. It usually garners a few chuckles.

Ouch! Here's to a quick recovery!
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts