Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yumyum:

Hello Fellas! :sigh:

Well this past Sunday was my very first Motorcycle track day at NJMP (4/27/14) and let me just say..................woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :hump6

Where to start.......... Ahhh teaser pic....yes (see below)

My day started.....wait let me backtrack.....my night started at Sat night 9:00Pm when I planned to go to sleep in preparation of waking up early (2:30 AM) for my first track day. Obviously nothing went as planned......For various reasons ended up in bed at 1:30Am and woke up at 2:30 Am :crazy

Well....after a long as night and many odds and ends we were on the rode at 4:30Am with 3 bikes, 3 people, and high spirits :2fingerlol:

We arrived at around 7:30Am to NJMP and woooahh I was drooling already :drool: Well we find a spot to park the trailer and start to unload the bikes.....anticipation and excitement in the air :D

Well....I guess I need to post a pic of me in sexy leathers :devious

I had a wolloping time at the track! I cant even express how exciting and fun it was. I was obviously in the Intro Class since it was my first time, and the track was packed! sold out! full event!

Well heres my best pic :/

Note: NOOOO I did not knee drag, NO I am NOT a pro racer. I was having beginner innocent fun :)

Tire aftermath

I plan to add more pics later.....everything is on my computer at home.

Enjoy Fellas........

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good stuff, man. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I assume you are now hooked?

My buddy was actually there this past Sunday and Monday as well and had a blast.
Yesssirrrr I am officially hooked! I hope to sign up for the next track day with the same company at Poconos soon........Man my wallet is gonna suffer :crazy

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I was there the entire weekend. Both days were great. Too many crashes on Sunday though.

Reactions: zx6ixxer

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Congrats on getting into it... glad you had fun. The real itch begins now. I did my first earlier this month, and have been dying to get back out there. Better start counting what you can forgo to afford track days...!

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was there the entire weekend. Both days were great. Too many crashes on Sunday though.

You dont gotta tell me.......My friend was one of them during the mock race :(
And the amount of crashes on Sunday deff slowed my pace down....I was all of the sudden not interested in pushing it to drag knees lol

All in all I had a wonderful day though and was glad to finish without crashing. My friend was fine and walked away thanks to leathers. Bike suffered some damage though :thumbdown:

I remember my first like it was yesterday. :)
:laugh .............. Dont think I will forget this one :sigh:

Congrats on getting into it... glad you had fun. The real itch begins now. I did my first earlier this month, and have been dying to get back out there. Better start counting what you can forgo to afford track days...!
Ha! tell me about it....I swear Im sitting here counting pennies for my next track day.....wait think i just found a penny on the floor.....couple thousand more to go :yumyum:

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes Sir.....just went to Poconos over Memorial Day weekend....was sick!
Aughh wish I had pics and videos.....I did so much better as it was my second track day and I finally dragged a knee :D

Also Poconos was a hard track....tight narrow turns...

I am officially Addicted!

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the thread revival...and I know I am about a year late but here are some more pics from my first track day....obviously I am getting the itch again :D

To be continued....

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
hopefully one day ill catch up with you down there. Great group of people.... my next date at njmp will be apr 26 and apr 27.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Cool man. I'll be with Moto-D Racing set up working in the event garages.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Nice, Love Moto-D they treat everybody right! glad to have them at the track with ACE :bigthumb:
Hell Yeah, my boy Scott is the man. He really stick by the motto "We Treat You Like Family".

If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be this much into the track life.... I'd still be riding around in the street like a jackass.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Damn photobucket....I edited my album and broke all the pic links..hate this system. Figured I would repost it on this page for all interested.

Hello Fellas!

Well this past Sunday was my very first Motorcycle track day at NJMP (4/27/14) and let me just say..................woooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Where to start.......... Ahhh teaser pic....yes (see below)

My day started.....wait let me backtrack.....my night started at Sat night 9:00Pm when I planned to go to sleep in preparation of waking up early (2:30 AM) for my first track day. Obviously nothing went as planned......For various reasons ended up in bed at 1:30Am and woke up at 2:30 Am

Well....after a long as night and many odds and ends we were on the rode at 4:30Am with 3 bikes, 3 people, and high spirits

We arrived at around 7:30Am to NJMP and woooahh I was drooling already Well we find a spot to park the trailer and start to unload the bikes.....anticipation and excitement in the air

Well....I guess I need to post a pic of me in sexy leathers

I had a wolloping time at the track! I cant even express how exciting and fun it was. I was obviously in the Intro Class since it was my first time, and the track was packed! sold out! full event!

Well heres my best pic :/

Note: NOOOO I did not knee drag, NO I am NOT a pro racer. I was having beginner innocent fun

Tire aftermath

I plan to add more pics later.....everything is on my computer at home.

Enjoy Fellas........

More pics:

CONTINUED.....one year later (4th track day...first one back this season after a highside)

- First day back after highside
- Cold day
- Brand new tires...broke em in on the track..scared the heck out of me!
- I did not do too well until the last two sessions I started getting more comfortable..I feel though that I have a lot left to go though to get back what I lost...

Finally got my hotbodies race fairings on over the weekend...with new tires and brakes....so glad the bike was prepped in time. I was not though lol....but I had fun :)

They put me in "I" in the begging of the day due to a profile error in their system

I sorted it out at lunch time since I was scared after my highside and on new tires so I did not mind starting slow....

First time I broke in a brand new set of tires on a track lol....(just about 100 track miles on them now)

I'm sorry I do not have action pics....did not buy them. I have some GoPro vids I have to load up which I have no edit abilities lol

Also..I will say...I was literally the SLOWEST person in "N" (Novice) yesterday....maybe its a combo of fear, ner tires, new bike,...idk hopefully I will do better next time.

Oh...forgot to mention...Yamaha was there and let people test ride bikes on the track!
- 2015 R1
- 2015 R6
- 2015 R3
- 2015 Fz-07 & Fz-09

I got to try the R3 and wowwww it was sooooo much fun keeping that thing WOT the whole darn tracK! :D (Wish I had pics...forgot to take them of that bike :headbang:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
It was too cold to go "fast" this these two days. Don't worry about beingthe slowest. Its the Beginning of the season come out and shake out the cobwebs. I did no where near my normal pace. I was happy (sort of) just out there riding and catching up with friends.

·
Registered
985 Posts
That's awesome man, way to go Zixxer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts