Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Don't worry about it, we still read it ;)

That location seems ok, I've seen a few others who have 2013+ ZX6R's relocate it there. As long as the fender is on it should be fine. On bikes with no rear fender it would get all covered in rubber (and water when racing in the rain).
With the fender I doubt it'll be a problem even in the rain. Lucky for me I don't ride much in the rain lol.

·
Director of Moderation
9,949 Posts
Looks fucking fun, man. I bet you could pick up a little extra spending money running booger sugar for the chicanos on the weekends.
Booger sugar? Is that what they call it these days? :laugh Haven't heard that term before, but it's hilarious :laugh

With the fender I doubt it'll be a problem even in the rain. Lucky for me I don't ride much in the rain lol.
I was gonna say, does it ever rain there even? lol I always hope for rain every weekend. It's my only chance to beat guys like you lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
The videos are cool. Adding names to the riders around you is pretty cool too, though they might not like being called out as you pass 'em :)

That pass at the top of the Cyclone on the 1st lap was pretty interesting looking - he must have gone over the curb on the inside to avoid swapping paint!

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The videos are cool. Adding names to the riders around you is pretty cool too, though they might not like being called out as you pass 'em :)

That pass at the top of the Cyclone on the 1st lap was pretty interesting looking - he must have gone over the curb on the inside to avoid swapping paint!
Thanks, I think it adds a lot of context - a real face behind the helmet and not just a random person on a bike. I really don't think most guys are that sensitive to care.. Many of the same guys have made passes on me I'm sure :)

If you're talking about right around 45seconds, that wasn't a pass. I ran kinda wide trying not to hit the guy because he slowed much more than I was expecting.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
So about a week ago we had AFM round 5 at Sonoma. Here's the jist:

Friday track day was rough. First time ever at the track and I struggled. The track is a little scary in places and has lot's of "character" (i.e. crazy bumps).

Saturday was much better. Made some changes to the bike and felt like I was coming to the grips with the track much better. Went out for qualifying, ran 3 flying laps and came in to find that I earned freaking POLE POSITION for the Foruma 1 race! Obviously I was stoked.

Sunday-Race day.

My first race of the day was fairly uneventful, but I made a good start, had a good battle, didn't make any big mistakes, and ended up 4th. This gave me some confidence going into my "big race," F1

Formula 1-the race I qualified on pole and the highlight of the weekdn: I got a great start, got the holeshot!! But held the gas on a little too long and ended up really deep into turn 2. To my shock, I still got hit on the INSIDE of that turn. I didn't go down but definitely killed my drive. By turn 3 I was 3rd. Damn. No need to panic though. Throughout the entire weekend I had been working on just relaxing more, making less mistakes, and hitting my marks. I made it back up to 2nd place by the end of the first lap, but now I was behind Berto (the president of AFM btw.) and I knew he was fast and would be hard to pass. Again, my goal was to just ride smart and not make any dumb moves. I ended up following him for the majority of the race until the last corner of the last lap I dove up the inside! We dragged to the finish line and I won by 0.02 seconds!!!

Sadly, AFM has a rule that you have to make turn 1 after the checkered, and because I cut the cones they penalized me and I ended up with 2nd place:( Check out the video I made from this race. I'll post the rest later

https://www.facebook.com/driser/videos/10157568553729375/

·
Director of Moderation
9,949 Posts
So about a week ago we had AFM round 5 at Sonoma. Here's the jist:

Friday track day was rough. First time ever at the track and I struggled. The track is a little scary in places and has lot's of "character" (i.e. crazy bumps).

Saturday was much better. Made some changes to the bike and felt like I was coming to the grips with the track much better. Went out for qualifying, ran 3 flying laps and came in to find that I earned freaking POLE POSITION for the Foruma 1 race! Obviously I was stoked.

Sunday-Race day.

My first race of the day was fairly uneventful, but I made a good start, had a good battle, didn't make any big mistakes, and ended up 4th. This gave me some confidence going into my "big race," F1

Formula 1-the race I qualified on pole and the highlight of the weekdn: I got a great start, got the holeshot!! But held the gas on a little too long and ended up really deep into turn 2. To my shock, I still got hit on the INSIDE of that turn. I didn't go down but definitely killed my drive. By turn 3 I was 3rd. Damn. No need to panic though. Throughout the entire weekend I had been working on just relaxing more, making less mistakes, and hitting my marks. I made it back up to 2nd place by the end of the first lap, but now I was behind Berto (the president of AFM btw.) and I knew he was fast and would be hard to pass. Again, my goal was to just ride smart and not make any dumb moves. I ended up following him for the majority of the race until the last corner of the last lap I dove up the inside! We dragged to the finish line and I won by 0.02 seconds!!!

Sadly, AFM has a rule that you have to make turn 1 after the checkered, and because I cut the cones they penalized me and I ended up with 2nd place:( Check out the video I made from this race. I'll post the rest later

https://www.facebook.com/driser/videos/10157568553729375/
Nice! Good job, especially for being a track you hadn't raced at before. Everyone says Sonoma is a little sketchy in some areas.

But I don't get the point of those cones. They're like in the middle of the track. Why are they there and what's it matter if you go through them after the race is over?

Reactions: ninjaman89

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Nice! Good job, especially for being a track you hadn't raced at before. Everyone says Sonoma is a little sketchy in some areas.

But I don't get the point of those cones. They're like in the middle of the track. Why are they there and what's it matter if you go through them after the race is over?
From what I understand, it's a safety rule. So especially for the 1000s, their braking marker is before the start/finish line. It's to try and help prevent racers from rocketing off track.

·
Director of Moderation
9,949 Posts
From what I understand, it's a safety rule. So especially for the 1000s, their braking marker is before the start/finish line. It's to try and help prevent racers from rocketing off track.
I hate when tracks do that. We have one here like that as well, where the finish line is after the 1000s have to start braking. Who was the idiot who decided that?? And why hasn't the finish line been moved?? It's literally a painted line :coocoo I know the timing loop would have to be moved too, so it's not something that can be done in a couple of hours, but you'd think after so many years that shit can get moved.

Reactions: Gawernator

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Round 6 was awesome, dropped into the low 52s and took three thirds, but that damn first win has till yet to happen.

·
Director of Moderation
9,949 Posts
Good job! Winning races at expert level is not easy, especially in highly competitive classes. Still chasing my first win as well, but it's pretty hard when MotoAmerica kids are on the grid lol

41 - 60 of 60 Posts