Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. I'm new to the forum. I just purchased my first bike so i'm still kind of learning how to ride. I'm loving it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wear your gear at all times no matter what.

Gear is full gloves, CE approved jacket, Snell/DOT helmet, boots that cover ankle and pants.

It is much easier to wash off some sweat as opposed to having to change bandages as you skin was ground down to the bone when you went down without gear.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Congrats and be safe.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
hey man i live in the detroit area too, got a green 07 just like yours.

tips?

wear your gear and park your bike somewhere safe (in your garage, ALWAYS.. when at the store or somewhere try and wedge it somewhere hard to move and easy to see)

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
welcome. nice bike. avoid riding on wooded curvy two-lane roads you've never been on in the dark and be careful

·
Registered
13 Posts
just spend the extra money to make sure you have the right gear and its comfortable. Also gear for the bike. Frame sliders, will save you alot of money. (you know if you accidently drop the bike in the drive way. yeah i learned the hard way!)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Welcome to the site! Nice ride. That red is striking. Whew.

Tips? Wear gear. Don't fall off. Don't be a dickhead.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Oh and don't race sportscars until you know how to race so we don't have any other people walking around talking about how slow bikes are. lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the nice bike.

My only tip is to always wear gloves cause you don't want someone else wiping your bum if you have an off without them!:dowhat

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody. I'm working on getting some gear now. Didn't realize that all that stuff was so expensive. I'm also going to go ahead and throw on some frame sliders just in case.

·
Registered
215 Posts
welcome to the site and remember your right hand can be your best friend or your worst enemy take it easy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts