Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was riding the other day when all of a sudden i lost my clutch. Im new to bikes, so when i pulled over to check it out there was no tension on the clutch pivot arm that sticks out of the clutch case cover. So i took it to my friends shop to do the work on my own and learn from this. here is a pic of what i found..... So with that being said i headed over to my dealership and order the parts build up to include the "Input Shaft" and other accesories to go with it. I also ordered the "swivel bell crank thing" there calling that the release shaft that comes outta the top of the clutch case cover. only beacuse i didn't know if this had anything to do with the issue IE start the issue or anything else. I did download the service manual and looked at the appropriate section and that is a great help especially with the trq specs>>yayy but i still have questions. so i added the parts breakdown list to this thread i ordered the third row down build up minus the clutch spring plate but the rest of the bolt "input shaft" build up i did order.

So my two questions i have One do i really need the clutch tool to do this JOB is it necesary for me to remove the clutch to replace the "input shaft chingaderra" bolt thingy. lol
And is the second is there a reason that this bolt tip failed like that? Is there a bigger issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
In regards to your questions.

1. No you dont need the clutch Removal Tool
2. Once you remove those springs and the plate you can just pull that piece out and replace with new one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot Jmoney3318. Preciate the info. Say do you know if there is a reason these fail. This one failed at 20,132 miles. don't know the bikes past info i bought it with 19000 miles on it in November? Just curious.

·
Registered
107 Posts
honestly man i couldnt tell you, however the old plunger looking thing in your photo on my bike was so thin and crappy compared to the new one i got from factory it was so much beefier. i think over time with using the clutch so much it just causes it to snap. Mine failed just under 20,000 miles, Also make sure you replace the actuator arm (which i think you said you were, This is what sticks out on top of the clutch cover and attaches to the cable) mine was all mangled up its best just to dish out the money and get it done while you have the clutch stripped.

·
Registered
107 Posts
oh another word of advice, Make sure you drain your oil when your done, just incase shavings of metal got into the oil. Just an extra precaution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i did the same ordered it all new better now then in a month from now. Yea i also cleaned it up well drained it dry and did a really good inspection in there just ready to finish it up and get on two. Thanks again brother for the help and quick replies really appreciated. This forum is badass!!!!!!!! T and A!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts