Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm guess i should do a build thread. heres how the bike is as it sits.

plans are:

powdercoating some things here and there
lots of lighting mods
may change the fairing color (just don't know what color yet)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lighting mods

saw a thread about changing the gauge cluster backlight colors. so heres my first mod i did last night.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Nice man. I am also considering doing the led swap in my gauges. You should of taken pictures while you did it and make a thread about it. Would of been sick. Keep it coming man! :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like that mod, seen it around, just dont have the balls yet to do it myself. Scared to burn something out

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I like that mod, seen it around, just dont have the balls yet to do it myself. Scared to burn something out
It's easy as hell. Just jump right in and do it. it would have only taken me an hour to do it but true blood was on at the same time.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
It's easy as hell. Just jump right in and do it.
I heard that someone can really screw it up. Do you have a link or something to someone doing it. I don't have any fear of doing it. But I am a visual learner.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Ok I googled it and found a company called blueguages.com. From what I read you send them your gauges and they do the work for you and ship it back. I can't open the page on my iPhone. But when I get home I am going to look more into it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you want to do it yourself though. you can get the leds here. i'm to cheap to pay someone else to the work on my bike, unless its something i absolutely have no i dea how to go about doing it.
Surface Mount PLCC-2 SMT LEDs

fyi these leds are TIIIINNNYYYY!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gonna pull out my box of projectors to figure out which ones will fit these headlights, and then its retro time

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
If u change the color of your fairing I'll punch u in the man parts!!!.. U can only purchase another set and swap out to the other color.. If u ruin those amazing blue fairings u will pay good sir..

And I wanted to change my speedo color but having an orange bike.. And it already having an orange back light.. I don't think it would look good any other color :(..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If u change the color of your fairing I'll punch u in the man parts!!!.. U can only purchase another set and swap out to the other color.. If u ruin those amazing blue fairings u will pay good sir..

And I wanted to change my speedo color but having an orange bike.. And it already having an orange back light.. I don't think it would look good any other color :(..
I take it you like blue huh?

Green goes well with orange.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Word of advise to those who plan on changing the LEDs themselves, make sure you don't get any solder on anything other leads around the lights. I learned that the hard way. Your LCD will read all kinds of crazy stuff so make sure you do a clean job.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
time for some retros

well i got bored and figured "i have a dremel, and an ass load of projectors. might as well do some retros"

i wanted to retain the reflector but it doesn't look like it will work with fx35 projectors which is what i'm using. this is a work in progress. hopefully i can finish them tomorrow.

headlights taken apart

WOOPS!!

FXRS on the left, 2009 sti projectors on the right. i stuck with the fxrs because they're bixenon, and well the light output is sexy!

sizing everything up

made a bracket out of abs, i may switch to metal depending on how this holds up

test fit for clearance

thats it for now :O

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
hey hey looking good
keep it up

1 - 20 of 107 Posts