Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to have a place to post about rides and track days that I do this year. I may also put in here some work I've done to my bikes and others as well as some other bs from time to time. Hopefully I have a pretty active riding season.

So far this year I haven't done too much.

On the weekend of 3/20 - 3/23 I went to Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama. That place was absolutely amazing. I went for two days but only got in four sessions of riding the first day before my back got sore and I got tired so I called it a day. The second day it rained all day and I was still in a good bit of pain so I was a spectator. Between the museum, the riding, and hanging out with friends I had a great time.

Oh, this was also the first weekend on my new track bike. I LOVE it!!!

On Sunday 4/12 I had a great 211 mile ride with a buddy of mine. Prior to the ride I mounted and balanced a couple of new tires for him and changed the oil. Once that was finished we headed towards some twisties. We had an awesome time for about the first 150 miles. After that we were both feeling some pain. My knees were screaming at me and my inner thighs would have been in tears if it would have been possible. Even though I know it is a no-no there were way too many times I noticed my knee making contact with the ground. Oopsie. :D

More to come.......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I pretty much finished packing for this weekend's trip to NCBike. Only thing left to put in there is my pit bike. I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the new bike! They make a great track weapon once you do the necessary bits.

Have fun this weekend and stay safe!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had a good time riding at NCBike with Team Pro Motion. The only downside was what seemed like a very long drive. I ended up just riding Saturday. I camped out Sunday then packed up and went home Sunday morning. I decided that I just didn't want to start my work week worn out by riding until 5:00 PM then driving seven hours home.

I rode with the yellow group all day and was bumped to red at the end of the day for next time.

I met some nice people and saw some very nice bikes. All in all it was a good trip. The only negative was when I lost my shifter peg. I ended up putting my brake peg on the shifter. No big deal since I never use the rear brake anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Setup, teched, and ready to go.

Dude, you were few slots away from me. Looks like you were pitted next to some of the CRs. I had the black 636. I should have recognized your bike. Are you planning any trips to VIR?

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, you were few slots away from me. Looks like you were pitted next to some of the CRs. I had the black 636. I should have recognized your bike. Are you planning any trips to VIR?
Now that just sucks! I had the CR Nate on one side of me, the CR Julian was three tents from me the other direction.

I'm not planning on going to VIR this year but you never know...

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well now I have another dilemma, I'm considering going to NCM Motorsports (Corvette Museum) to ride next weekend. The problem is that Intermediate is sold out for both days. There are two spots in advanced is open for Saturday, problem is that I'm not nearly fast enough on a new track to ride Advanced. Novice is open for both days. In novice passing is only allowed in straights and the CR's have to wave you around.

I'm thinking about signing up for Novice and requesting a CR follow me after a few sessions and asking him (or her) to bump me up. The problem with this plan is that I really don't want to spend $435 if for some reason they don't have room in Intermediate for as many people to be bumped up that are qualified.

Decisions, decisions........

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I say you ride novice and alow down and find something to practice on for the day. I would bet you can enjoy 2 or 3 sessions going slower and practicing something then ask for a CR to follow you. Tell them you just got bumped to advanced with TPM but didn't want to be that guy that shows up thinking he should be in advanced with every org on every track and wanted to leave it up to CRs to evaluate if you could go up.
I bet they will bump you

Reactions: kawizx6r743

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I say you ride novice and alow down and find something to practice on for the day. I would bet you can enjoy 2 or 3 sessions going slower and practicing something then ask for a CR to follow you. Tell them you just got bumped to advanced with TPM but didn't want to be that guy that shows up thinking he should be in advanced with every org on every track and wanted to leave it up to CRs to evaluate if you could go up.
I bet they will bump you

Sounds like a great idea. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Now that just sucks! I had the CR Nate on one side of me, the CR Julian was three tents from me the other direction.

I'm not planning on going to VIR this year but you never know...
Any vids? My Camera started going sideways after a few laps.:crazy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts