Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 z900rs, 2021 cb1000r, 2013 zx6r
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a bike that has been around for as long and is as good as the zx6 is both good and bad. Any question I have has been asked and answered a hundred times in the last decade, there is a wealth of information on here and has been well documented. Unfortunately anything I do to my bike has been done a thousand times so I don't feel like I am contributing anything new. Oh well, I am still going to document the changes I am making to my zx6 in case this shows up on anybody's search and has any questions please feel free. I bought my 2013 a couple of months ago and the intent is to use it mainly as a track bike, I have a z900rs and cb1000r as my street bikes. The bike had 20,000 km when i picked it up and I put 4000 km on the ninja since and I absolutely love this bike. It's so smooth and quick, I love the sound of the I4 when you get it above 10,0000 its eargasmic. I squirrelled a little bit away for winter mods, I have about a 5 month downtime here in Ottawa Canada, and this first season I am going to tackle a couple of upgrades. Right now I have the bike stripped down to give a good clean, I don't think its been cleaned behind the fairings since it rolled off the showroom floor. The plan is to put a brembo MC from a zx10, steel brake lines and Carbone Lorraine pads, new 520 sprockets and chain (15,44), zero gravity double bubble screen, motion pro quick turn throttle, high flow filter and ecu flash from moore mafia. I'll post links to the parts as they arrive and get installed. The only issue is the brake reservoir mounts to the master cylinder on the nissin, but the zx10 MC doesn't mount the fluid reservoir so I am going to need to make a new bracket and find a way to mount it, I have a couple of ideas and we will see how it turns out.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Made some headway over the weekend on the braking system. Installed the spiegler steel brake lines, there were a couple of issues mounting the zx10 brembo master cylinder though for anybody thinking of this in the future. First issue is I didn't have a brake light switch with the new MC and to make the zx6 switch work I needed to flip the switch over, and the pegs on the bottom of the MC actually almost line up with the mounting holes for the ZX10, I needed to removed some plastic and enlarge the holes slightly and then it fit. I used JBWeld and secured the light switch to the master cylinder this way. Also, the ZX10 MC does not have a mounting spot for the brake fluid reservoir bracket, so I bought some 18G steel and made one. I attached it with the bolt that holds the clip ons on and it looks like it will work just fine, It will be black, just haven't painted it yet. The other issue is the banjo bolt for the master cylinder is not the same as the one for the zx6. The spiegler kit comes with a M1X1.0 that is to be used to replace one of the stock bolts for the abs unit, however I used this on the master cylinder, and then cut down the stock bolt for the abs to fit the new steel lines. The fluid has been bled, the new Carbone Lorraine pads installed, and calipers cleaned and I believe it is ready to go.

I also got the MotionPro quick turn throttle installed.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system
Grey Wood Automotive tire Asphalt Concrete
Hand Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Engineering
Wood Fastener Gas Hardwood Font

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the bike is done and it's not even December yet and now I have to wait until April! The only thing left is to fill the tank and cover it up.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was quick! Good job executing the plan.
Yeah, I keep my bikes in a nice heated mechanical room at work, and its not been too busy right now so I have had some free time to wrench. Now I've got to start taking the z900rs apart for a good thorough cleaning too.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Are those Road 6's? And you ditched S22's for them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts