Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new 09 at the first trackday of the season. It was frikkin cold and wet!!!

New tires + Cold + Wet +1Rusty Rider = Lowside

Nothing major, clip on busted, rearset peg tweaked and a little road rash. Good thing I'm not fast!:laugh

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Bummer about the crash dude.. What track where you at?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the kind words everybody

I was at TMP, Toronto Motorsports Park. It's about an hour outside of Toronto.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kit is that
Not sure what you mean, I think you are you talking about the bodywork. It's a Hotbodies set and it held up well during my minor low side.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got back out there last thursday May 3/12. I got her sorted Renthal clip ons and grips, Woodcraft replacement peg and Fren Tubo type 4 Carbon Fiber lines all installed.

And here's a couple of me holding up traffic :laugh I need more seat time to get used to the bike and actually remember how to ride. All in all had a great day, gonna get back out again asap!!!

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
looks like you are having a fun time out on the track ........so enjoy many days to come .......remember all those guys you are holding up as you said ......had to start sometime ......so dont get flusterred and enjoy yourself .....got a great bike for it :)

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:cheers thanks for the encouragement, it's been 5 yrs since i've been on a bike, I expected to just pick up where I left off but that is not the case. I'll get back there I just need a lot more seat time.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should also add that I did not get my front/rear sprocket or DID chain on as the front sprocket nut did not want to come off. :headbang: Hopefully I'll get them installed as well as the Kit ECU and get the bike on the dyno before the next trackdays, May/19, 20 and 21.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not a believer in frame sliders I've seen them catch too many times and flip the bike. I know they do help in a crash,actually I'm looking into some tank sliders as the tank seems to be one of the first things to touch.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been lazy and haven't updated this in awhile and i've changed a few things recently. I thought I should add a full list of mods.

Mod list:

Hot Bodies Bodywork
M4 gp slip on (sold)
MJS headers stock headers with removed cat
Woodcraft Rearsets
Stock Ohlins damper re-valved
Renthal +1 rear, Superlite +2 rear, JT -1 front
DID ERV-X chain
PCV and Autotune
Healtech xtre
Kawasaki Kit ECU (not installed yet)
Agg rear brake res delete
Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa pro
BMC race filter
Fren Tubo type 4 carbon fiber brake lines
Pazzo levers
Agg block off plates
Renthal clip ons
Renthal kevlar grips
Leo Vince Factory R II ti slip on (custom mount)
Ram air mod
Tech Spec tank grips
Pitbull spools/stand
Safety wired
Dyno tuned

ordered or soon to be purchased:

Attack velocity stacks
Motion Pro quick turn throttle
Brembo 19x18 MC
Ohlins ttx
Attack AMA spec fork upgrade
Ballistic lightweight battery

·
Registered
827 Posts
where did u do the trackday? i want to do one this summer

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
where did u do the trackday? i want to do one this summer
I did the most recent one at Shannonville long track, before that was TMP Cayuga. I'm going to Mosport July 8th for Racer5 race school and then back at Shannonville on the 12th and TMP on the 14th and 15th.

Racer 5 and Rider's Choice both host great trackdays with lots of experienced riders to help you out, give either one a call you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You sure know how to spend money on your machine cuz that is a beautiful track bike and a stunning list of performance mods. Very nice!
Haha thanks man!! If I didn't spend it on this I would waste it on whoring and booze :devious

1 - 20 of 630 Posts