Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my 1 pc suit. Let me first say I am 6' 1 1/2" tall, 190lbs. The suit is a 44 US or 54 Euro. Fits very well. Never been worn. Brand new. Going down a size would be too small going up a size would be too big. My question is this. Is it always going to be tight in the crotch. Feels like a mameltoe. :laugh I do not how else to describe it. Will it stretch more or should I take it to get it altered? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
-Alex

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
It will break in with time. Like everything made out of leather.

Or you could have your wedding vegetables removed ;)

·
Registered
888 Posts
So I finally got my 1 pc suit. Let me first say I am 6' 1 1/2" tall, 190lbs. The suit is a 44 US or 54 Euro. Fits very well. Never been worn. Brand new. Going down a size would be too small going up a size would be too big. My question is this. Is it always going to be tight in the crotch. Feels like a mameltoe. :laugh I do not how else to describe it. Will it stretch more or should I take it to get it altered? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
-Alex
Wear it around the house all day like The Stig and then use leather conditioner and cleaner every chance you get. It'll stretch and eventually conform to your body shape.

My Dainese leather jacket was unwearable at first, but now really does fit like a glove after using leather conditioner and riding in it.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Did you try it on sitting on the bike? How does it feel then? These suits are not made to walk around in, as long as it is comfortable in the riding position it fits like it should.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
It will break in with time and use, and when you are out riding and sweating, the heat and sweat will soften up and stretch out the leather. Putting on my suit first thing in the morning for a track day is always the worst part and it just gets more comfortable over the course of the day.

Also, the crotch area on these things is usually uncomfortable unless you are in the seated position on the bike. Try sitting down with your legs bent like you would be on the bike and I guarantee it will immediately feel better.

*EDIT* Looks like smokey beat me to it :)

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Did you already roll around in the grass? I was told to do that before your first ride. Seems the suits want to get dirty, if you don't roll around in the grass the bike will do it for you.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you try it on sitting on the bike? How does it feel then? These suits are not made to walk around in, as long as it is comfortable in the riding position it fits like it should.
I sure did. It feels fine. just seems a little too tight in the inner area. So I guess only wearing it more will help. I may try conditioner as another member suggested. Should I give it a few weeks or months before trying conditioner?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
The suit is not meant for you to be standing straight up. If the suits fits snug in the riding position and nothing bothers you then you should be fine. You'll notice that most people with a well fitted suit always walk with a slight hunch and that's because our baby maker gets crushed if we walk straight up. :eh:

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wear it around the house all day like The Stig and then use leather conditioner and cleaner every chance you get. It'll stretch and eventually conform to your body shape.

My Dainese leather jacket was unwearable at first, but now really does fit like a glove after using leather conditioner and riding in it.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It will break in with time and use, and when you are out riding and sweating, the heat and sweat will soften up and stretch out the leather. Putting on my suit first thing in the morning for a track day is always the worst part and it just gets more comfortable over the course of the day.

Also, the crotch area on these things is usually uncomfortable unless you are in the seated position on the bike. Try sitting down with your legs bent like you would be on the bike and I guarantee it will immediately feel better.

*EDIT* Looks like smokey beat me to it :)
Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts