Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 ZX6r, pictures,trips,whoring,DIY and stuff...

Sooooo, my last crash...helped my get this beauty!!!

It's almost brand new!!!Only just above 10.000km on the clock, previous owner didn't do any trips,only in city riding.I made him ride it for around 20km and he told me that's the longest ride he's done :dowhat
It seems that it's never been in rain either!!!Places you cannot place hands at, are clean like new!!(inside fairings etc,under rear fender!!)
I only need a new rear seat cause he had a kickstand fail, and scratched it at a wall.I don't like re-trimming because noone uses same material as stock, so i'm getting another.
It has some frame sliders and as po said, an aftermarker air filter.
I'm not planning at spending cash at the moment for upgrades,i only want to get the stock rear indicators installed, the bike alarm that i kept from my previous bike and something to make sure that my license plate won't get cut from the vibration like my previous(previous bike)did.

Previous owner placed the "kiss" sticker and named it "Julia".I kinda like it, so it stays for the moment.Not planning to colour match anything.Maybe black out...We'll see :cool3:

So....i'm back!!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yea get rid of the lips and it will look way better. But congrats on an otherwise nice ride

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea the lips gotta go. Makes you look moist
moist?Don't get it...moist=wet?
That kiss is the gayest shit I've EVER seen!
I know, but chicks love it :devious
Yea get rid of the lips and it will look way better. But congrats on an otherwise nice ride
Thanks!!

I'm keeping it at least for this summer and i'll re-think about removing it later.

So...some little DIY has been going on.

Made some brackets to mount the rear oem turn signals.
This used to be that piece of metal that holds the license plate on stock rear fender.After some cutting and bending.

The oem rear indicators

Aaaaaand i was sure that i did take a picture of them mounted on the bike...:headbang:
Nevermind....Tommorow :blush:

Next: I reinstalled my Selca alarm.I had this on both my previous bikes.

Slightly stripped the rear indicator wires, not the black/yellow, the other one.There is one wire coming from the alarm,for both left and right.

Wire to battery negative

Wire to battery positive(fused)

Alarm main unit with siren

Tilt module

And one wire to anything that powers when key is turned,i used the taillight.
Alarm wire is the white/green one.3rd fuse from left.

Tail:3rd fuse from top

And now i got an alarm again. :)

Anyone knows if i can add a perimeter control module to any alarm?Or i can only get specific alarms that have that module?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Chicks love my dick and it's not gay. Lose the kiss its gay.

Reactions: Brandon35

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
How do you have money for that? I thought you guys were ass up over there? Is this what you've been up to with the bailouts we've shoveled over?! :hehe:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice set up man. I love buying bikes from ppl who barely ride them. My '04 had only 5, 000 miles
I was quite lucky with this one.It was the only zx6r after 2008 that was for sale in whole country!!!I was planning on getting a 07-08 but this showed up before i got my insurance money!! :cool3:

How do you have money for that? I thought you guys were ass up over there? Is this what you've been up to with the bailouts we've shoveled over?! :hehe:
Insurance paid :cool3: Old guy made me crash my old one :unhappy: check my sig.
As for the ride...240km to go and same back = 480km.Had to fill her up 2 times (2* 23=46€)+ 3 toll stations each way ((2.20+1.70+1.80)*2 = 5.70*2=11.40€)
So damn expensive to have a good time...:headbang:

Hey,you're from Finland!!My mother is from there!!!(Don't talk to me in finnish though, i don't.)

·
Registered
240 Posts
As for the ride...240km to go and same back = 480km.Had to fill her up 2 times (2* 23=46€)+ 3 toll stations each way ((2.20+1.70+1.80)*2 = 5.70*2=11.40€)
So damn expensive to have a good time...:headbang:

Hey,you're from Finland!!My mother is from there!!!(Don't talk to me in finnish though, i don't.)
Oh no way! That's awesome! Yeah gas is crazy expensive here too 1.67€/liter.
But in all seriousness nice bike! :cool3:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Soooo....it was summertime....did some trips, tried getting some videos but didn't have good mounting points so they were all crap.

The licence plate mounts from previous owner didn't hold up, so i changed the broken one and couldn't keep the rear turn indicators now... :O
So, i'm going for an integrated taillight soon.

Did swap tires with those from my old bike.
While changing tires also did install the 90 degree air valves, which i first sprayed black.

Well, some idiot managed to give my rear wheel four marks, from the machine that takes the tires off...Which i noticed very later when i installed the wheels back on my bike.(Took them off by myself and went with my car to have them switched.) :rant

Also.... I'm very dissapointed dear Kawasaki....First the stiffness of the rear spring...Now the quality of my windscreen...Any other person has these marks?

I thought everything stock should be top quality parts...I guess this does not apply.

So, i'm also going for a new windscreen...

And a pic from last sunday, this is at 8:00 in the morning, before going for a "fast" morning ride to get my oil change.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey malaka, what's up with all u Euro guys with them big ass plates? If I had to ride with billboards on my bike then I'd only ride track
lol, true...they were way smaller before that blue "europe" mark...And at some time they were even larger than mine.Well motorists from all over the country refused to install them on their bikes so government had to make them smaller. And this thing is the final design.

Tails on new bikes seem to be getting smaller and the licence plate stands out even more. :O Well, i don't do track and i don't want cops to have any reason to pull me over, so...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts