Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
That was a nice background for pics, too bad the whole parking lot was full of cars and bikes.

Did a long bumpy town ride, full of potholes, wet roads and bumps (larger than speedbumps :| )

Bike seriously needs a bath, but you can't notice in this angle :BigGrin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I forgot to check the odometer on my last oil change, so i said i'll do one when i reach 25.000km. And...guess what, it was time :BigGrin
As always, i did the oil change when it got dark.

Dealership is closed on Saturdays and it's not open working days evenings either, so i can't go get an oil filter from them. Well, OEM is China, so... whatever.

I went to buy the usual, Shell Advance VSX and the oil guy said that it changed name, it is now AX7 ! I don't know if this is true. I checked Shells' website and there was no VSX, so maybe...

I had in mind my old 636 and thought i needed more than 3 liters, so i got 4...Only to use 100ml (it needs 3.1lt with filter change) from an old VSX open bottle.
Never mind, i have a liter ready for the next time.

Also...i can't recall making such a mess while removing the oil filter the previous times. I took that out and it was full of oil!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Bumped onto some very cheap lever guards on ebay, i thought they'll look sweet so... why not.

Old HUGE bar-ends came off. Right was looking a bit rusty too, so i don't have to respray it :BigGrin

My '06 had a smaller hole in the clip-on and bolt holding the bar-end. This was a surprise.

One of the lever guards, i added a grommet where the guard came in contact with the clip-on, when installed. Otherwise it wouldn't tighten enough. (no pic of it)

And the result:

I think they look sweet. I thought they were going to stick out from the bike more. But thankfully, they didn't. Those huge stock bar-ends made me think of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks great, are they plastic or?

I really want lever guards too, I just wish there was a design that actually threaded into the clip on like the bar end weight does

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Looks great, are they plastic or?

I really want lever guards too, I just wish there was a design that actually threaded into the clip on like the bar end weight does
Thanks! Not plastic, they are aluminum. And you can order the tip in front, in a different colour.

Yeah, i wanted the same thing and i had in mind how the stock clip-ons on the '06 were, so i thought "i'll use the stock bolt from the bar ends on the guards", but they are different.

With the grommet that i added, they are very tight. Only negative is that if you want to go back to something that bolts like the stock bar-end, you will probably have to use a drill and destroy this metal fixing, because it's now really stuck in there!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
New battery... After two chinese ones that lasted a year and died after i left the bike still for a week, i decided to get one same brand with OEM.

And...Brake fluid change. Both black pieces in that plastic cup, came from each brake caliper. It was the first thing to come out of the bleeder. :O

And a random pic...That reflection on the headlight looked way cooler when i took the pic :dowhat.... Anyway...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
How did you get those lever guards to thread into the stock threaded clip ons? I bought a pair of those guards and the were too large to go into the bar.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
How did you get those lever guards to thread into the stock threaded clip ons? I bought a pair of those guards and the were too large to go into the bar.
They don't bolt in the clip-ons, they have (i'm not sure about the name) expansion plugs (?), that expand inside the clip-on as you tighten the bolt holding the guard.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So...wasn't planning on any upgrades atm, but a friend gave me some LED headlight bulbs for free. (told me there were 10€ on ebay)
Their coolers are way small and fit inside the headlight covers, so i've made no holes.
They get way hot, but i am not planning on cutting holes. If they get too hot and fail, i'll just switch back to halogen.

No lights

Halogen bulb

LED bulb

Attachments

61 - 73 of 73 Posts