Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, as some of you remember, i crashed Julia last January :crying
I was looking for another like mine but i got fed up with the ads. Prices went up!! People were asking 2k more for a worst condition bike than mine, 2 years after i bought mine!!!! I couldn't believe that!!! Anyway, decided to fix her up to my liking. After all, i'm not planning on an upgrade.

Complete tear down,
Frame good as new and reinstalled.
Sent front forks, rear suspension and stock ohlins steering damper to get some maintenance. Complete service kits.

Installing some parts while waiting for other to arrive in mail..

Installed subframe etc
Got an OEM 2013 undertail, going for the 2013 look zx6r
Also got my forks back from service.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 2013 headlight uses two H7 bulbs while my harness has an H9 and an H11 connector. I don't like cutting the OEM wiring harness and couldn't source any H11/H9 to H7 converters so i made my own.

The victim

Dremmel time!

Leftovers (managed to drop and brake both of them!! lol)

Bought the OEM connectors for the 2013 headlight from the stealership, removed the connectors to the wiring harness and...

Filled them up with black silicon later,
Result

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Received my Auctmarts fairings

Auctmarts windscreen

Auctmarts bolt set (used many of them, but even though the box was bike specific, most had no place to go)

Fairing kit (except from tail side fairings that got lost somewhere on the way...)

Clear smoked front side indicators

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received headlight and red tint....I won't say "headlight" tint....Because even though it looks bad ass....It shines red...I had purple headlight tint on my old bike and it shined white.Anyway...

Used some alloy mess at the ram air.Had completely forgotten about it.I thought it would be deep/not visible so i didn't paint it. Anyway....

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Received my new front wheel.
Had both of them powdercoated candy red

And fitted some new BT16

Chinese intergated taillight fitted(not recommended, turn signals barely visible, if you are on the brakes not visible for sure)
Also, since the connector to the bikes' harness is different,i removed the taillights' connector and got the wires in the bikes' connector.Then i wrapped them up with electrical tape.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received my 2013+ water tank

Holes on radiator do not line up and....i'm not proud of this but i haven't bolted it...The way it's made, it can't move or go anywhere, unless the side fairing is removed anyway.

Some fabbing to install the rear seat lock

Windscreen on

·
Director of Moderation
9,945 Posts
Those wheels are the tits! Very nicely done overall!

So, just to be clear...are the 2013-2016 fairings and undertank side fairings a direct bolt-on to a 2009-2012 bike? Your bike is a 2010, right?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The bike is looking good.
Thanks!

Those wheels are the tits! Very nicely done overall!

So, just to be clear...are the 2013-2016 fairings and undertank side fairings a direct bolt-on to a 2009-2012 bike? Your bike is a 2010, right?
Direct...You need some mounting brackets, headlight, taillight, turn signals, ram air, gauge bracket etc...etc...
I think i have the list of parts i had to order from the dealership somewhere.I can post it.There is also another thread around the forums about 09-12 to 13-16 fairing convertion.
But other than that, yes they fit.My bike is a 09-12 yes.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Yea....so....i need a new water tank...the old one does not fit...

Also, some other guy in here said that he mounted the rectifier at that place, just over the radiator.This isn't possible.

I had to make a braket.

Wires, wires,wires....

The rectifier on my '15 is on the left side - completely on the opposite location.

I've done something similar to what you're doing; Bambi's dad sideswiped me. I can related with your project. You'll be vastly happier with the end result. I know I am.

The downside, if it really can be considered a downside, is the addictive desire to incorporate already calculated modifications.

It's a long spiralled Rabbit Hole.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The rectifier on my '15 is on the left side - completely on the opposite location.
I know, i saw that on many pics/videos and the '15 manual. I did my research before attempting!
The '09-12 has the rectifier and the main wiring on the right side.I don't know why Kawi decided to flip sides.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I know, i saw that on many pics/videos and the '15 manual. I did my research before attempting!
The '09-12 has the rectifier and the main wiring on the right side.I don't know why Kawi decided to flip sides.
It was where they (K) mirgated the shite charcoal cannister, etc for the KLEEN (K.'s version of PAIR). I'm not always sure the engineers have a rational for doing what they do. Job security.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your bike looks really good. You also have some great mechanical skills putting all that together. You wouldnt happen to live in cali lol could definately use your help fixing up my 636:laugh
Thanks!!I try to do my best!!
Would love to help you with your bike!! But i live on the other side of the planet!!! :laugh

I used to have a bike like yours, check my sig about that 636 and the time i spent on it!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts