Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 ZX6R and I am thinking about moving the rear brake reservoir closer to the brake cylinder.

There is a hose clip bracket between the reservoir and the master cylinder and I was going to move the resevoir onto this bracket, so it will be slightly lower than it is now but still higher than the master cylinder.

Does any one know of any reason why i shouldn't do this??

Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't see any problem mate, as long as the reservoir is higher than the master cylinder then all sould be fine I would have thought.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks mate, anyone else foresee there being any problems with it??

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moved the brake reservoir at the weekend and it works fine :) The hardest thing I found was trying to source some brake pipe!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
where did u get ur pipe from, i need to change the length of mine as i can't adjust my rearsets cos it's too short and i can only fit thyem in one place.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to cut the old pipe down as I tried to get a length of suitable rubber pipe for it and as soon as you tell people it's for a brake line (even though it is not under any pressure) the refuse to sell it to you.
So i figured i would cut the old one down and if I need to move it again then I will have to buy the pipe from Kwaki.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm probably a bit late on this, but if you want a brake pipe a specific length, Goodridge at Silverstone and Exeter are pretty helpfull. Just give them a call with the length and fittings required and they'll pop them in the post. If you have any problems, bung me an e-mail as I do know of someone else that can help.:cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate, I managed to get the pipe the perfect shape and length by cutting the old one down. took me a little while to get it in the right position so that it didn't rub on anything but it is working a treat in it's new position now. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts