Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woke up this morning to my motorcycle gone!
to make matters worse, the scratched the entire side of my bmw on the way out with the bike. Broke in through the garage window and broke my gate open at end of driveway to get it out.

I have full coverage, but will they cover my motorcycle helmet, jacket and sena Bluetooth on helmet they stole that was all on the bike ?
here are some pictures.
Still has not hit me yet fully.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I hate thieves. Honestly that is HARDCORE for them to go to that extent to steal your bike. There are plenty bikes parked outside to steal. I would be concerned why they chose you. I think you were targeted. Piss anyone off lately?

Reactions: 2y4life

·
Registered
512 Posts
They would have had to known you had that bike. There's no other way they would've know it was in your garage. Sounds like it's a person who you actually know, not just a random theft.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If your motorcycle policy doesn't cover the accessories then your homeowners should. Sorry to hear about your loss. Fucking thieves! Unbelievable what people will do.....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Dude, that's the worst kind of situation. Some policies will cover gear, but a lot don't. I really don't know how it works for stolen either.

More than likely, you're going to have a deductible for the house. That would cover the window and surrounding damage and your gate. Your gear would also fall under this. That's one deductible.

Your bike would be covered under your bike insurance, that's another deductible.

Your car would be covered under your car insurance, so that's a third deductible.

So one event is going to cost you a lot, even with insurance, over the course of 3 deductibles. Sorry to hear man :( Thieves suck balls.
-Cody

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
They would have had to known you had that bike. There's no other way they would've know it was in your garage. Sounds like it's a person who you actually know, not just a random theft.

Made a any new "friends" lately? Somebody really planned that out to take just the bike and associated stuff. Unless you leave the bike out in front of your driveway a lot, it might have been an inside job.:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Also, I would definitely tell insurance that all of that stuff was physically on your bike. Sometimes that can be the difference if the bike insurance will cover it or your home owners. If you have any insurance questions, PM me.
-Cody

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That's the thing, my bike is very quite. I use my bike more as transportation than hobby. So I pull out of garage when i leave and pull straight in when i get home. Work and wash bike behind my fence. my neighbor had a couple move in in last 60 days. Dpn't know much about them. but i do know they do not have a job. thinking maybe they tipped their friend off on the info. The window I will just fix. so I'm going to leave home insurance alone. 1000 deductible anyway. as for my bike and car i have 250 deductible.
Brand new tires - just put a sport touring windsheild on , throttle lock, and corbin motorcycle seat, will they cover this?

I have reciepits for helmet , sena bluetooth, motorcycle, jacket . but windsheild throttle lock and corbin seat,crg levers i purchased off of this sites members which was through paypal.
All of the above were physicaly on the bike when stolen.
I have locked garage , full privacy fence.
This weekend I'm buying security cameras

·
Registered
985 Posts
I hate thieves. Honestly that is HARDCORE for them to go to that extent to steal your bike. There are plenty bikes parked outside to steal. I would be concerned why they chose you. I think you were targeted. Piss anyone off lately?
99% of the time, if a bike was taken out of a closed garage, it's someone you know and probably someone you know quite well. There are easier bikes to be had than breaking in and stealing one. Most likely a new friend, friends of a friend, an acquaintance or a friend you pissed off. Check craigslists, FB groups etc for people selling an untitled 2012 or parting. At least you have full coverage and they will cover your bike.

As far as gear goes, most will not cover gear but give it a shot. Hopefully you called your insurance agent asap.

·
Registered
496 Posts
That's horrible. I know with my ins policy, they will cover my helmet in an accident up to, if i recall, $300. Every policy is different. It's just a matter of speaking with your agent. Some are pretty anal about getting some type of proof of ownership, while others will take anything (email confirmation etc..). I know cycle gear keeps a history and has printed up my past order history for me before. Worth checking whomever you made the purchase through if you can't find receipts and such.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the first picture, you can see the top off of my concrete bench they used to reach the window. That thing weights at least 140 pounds and is near the back door of my house. had to be at least two people. It was raining last night so you can also see the tire marks from them pushing my bike through my neighbors front yard. probably to a truck waiting on the side street.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Brand new tires - just put a sport touring windsheild on , throttle lock, and corbin motorcycle seat, will they cover this?

I have reciepits for helmet , sena bluetooth, motorcycle, jacket . but windsheild throttle lock and corbin seat,crg levers i purchased off of this sites members which was through paypal.
All of the above were physicaly on the bike when stolen.
I have locked garage , full privacy fence.
This weekend I'm buying security cameras
Really? Tires? I understand wanting to recoup all the money you put in but look at it realistically. Tires is part of maintenance, they insurance company will not give you more money because you put new tires on it for $500 tires. Mods are not covered by 99% of the insurance companies UNLESS you bought a policy that covers optional equipment and that is usually covers up to $3,000.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
In the first picture, you can see the top off of my concrete bench they used to reach the window. That thing weights at least 140 pounds and is near the back door of my house. had to be at least two people. It was raining last night so you can also see the tire marks from them pushing my bike through my neighbors front yard. probably to a truck waiting on the side street.

Walk down that street and see if any of the houses have cameras in the front of them. You might get lucky.:devious

Reactions: 2y4life

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Really? Tires? I understand wanting to recoup all the money you put in but look at it realistically. Tires is part of maintenance, they insurance company will not give you more money because you put new tires on it for $500 tires. Mods are not covered by 99% of the insurance companies UNLESS you bought a policy that covers optional equipment and that is usually covers up to $3,000.
only stating the tires as part of my loss bud. settle down.
you can see on the next sentence I only wrote the add ons if they would cover it. not tires.
and when my car was totaled by a drunk driver they did account for new tires as relation to value of car. They measured tread depth and made minor adjustment to pay out value

·
Registered
985 Posts
only stating the tires as part of my loss bud. settle down.
you can see on the next sentence I only wrote the add ons if they would cover it. not tires.
and when my car was totaled by a drunk driver they did account for new tires as relation to value of car. They measured tread depth and made minor adjustment to pay out value
Just being honest and realistic bud. You posted it asking if they would cover your new tires

Again, if you got the option where they cover your add ons (which I have), then they cover up to a specific amount depending on the company ($1-$3K typically) assuming you have all of the receipts.

I would do as one of the other posters mentioned and see if there are cameras set up anywhere that may aide you in this. The sucky thing is, if you get a new bike, there's always that sense of "is it safe now? Do they know I have a new bike and is tonight the night?"

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just being honest and realistic bud. You posted it asking if they would cover your new tires

Again, if you got the option where they cover your add ons (which I have), then they cover up to a specific amount depending on the company ($1-$3K typically) assuming you have all of the receipts.

I would do as one of the other posters mentioned and see if there are cameras set up anywhere that may aide you in this. The sucky thing is, if you get a new bike, there's always that sense of "is it safe now? Do they know I have a new bike and is tonight the night?"
sorry man just not a good day for me. I understand what your saying

1 - 20 of 59 Posts