Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Several times i got that problem, when i'm riding my KAWASAKI ZX6R 2004 and hardly pressing rear brakes, motorcycle shuts off and only oil light lights on dash. Clutch idlle is normal. After that i'm starting motorcycle again and then problem disapears. Maybe some suggests?

·
Registered
891 Posts
few questions to help out.

1. Does motor pull down as you apply brake.

2. If you tap or apply light pressure to the rear brake does motor start to lose RPMS.

2. If you release the brake before engine dies will it not stall or does it just stall as soon as you apply the rear brake.

3. What does it do when you apply the front brake.

4. I assume you have the clutch in while you are on the brakes.

5. How much fuel is in the bike, will it do it with full or almost empty tank or both.

I wonder if it is a lazy clutch or clutch needs adjusted.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
I'm wondering if you're simply locking up the rear wheel without pulling in the clutch. That's the only way the engine will stop with only rear brake as the two have nothing combined except... well... a locked up rear wheel not allowing the engine to spin. :O

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm wondering if you're simply locking up the rear wheel without pulling in the clutch.
+1

If you're coming to a oh crap stop quick and forgetting to pull in that clutch, it'll start to stall once you get close to stopping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clutch is OK. Yeah, fuel tank is almoust empty, because only now i'm getting ready for this year season. So now i spoted this problem. I don't know if this is a big problem...but i wonder why.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Clutch is OK. Yeah, fuel tank is almoust empty, because only now i'm getting ready for this year season. So now i spoted this problem. I don't know if this is a big problem...but i wonder why.
This is the most vague post I've read today.

We weren't asking if the clutch was OK... we were asking if you are locking up the rear wheel without pulling the lever in.

And you say you spotted the problem? What was it? :O

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
It's 12 years old.

I would just push that bike off a cliff and get a new 2015 ZX6R. Problem solved. :laugh :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But when motorcycle stands and clutch is pulled with gear on, motorcycle doesn't move. After few times of shuting off, this problem dissapears, but still... i want to know, what is that.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
So sepc idle for the ZX6Rs is 1300 +/- 50, however in my experience sometimes they like to stall during decel when you pull the clutch in, usually because something isn't tuned right. So you have two options, go through everything related to the fuel system, cleaning and syncing the throttle bodies, or turn your idle up. Strider recommended 1500, that works, I kept my 07 at 1700, and my 03 track bike even higher (for different reasons).

overly sensitive tip over sensor?
And Jesus H Christ why does everyone jump to the tip-over sensor as the first thing to check on a bike with a stalling issue. IT'S NEVER THE TIP OVER SENSOR.

Reactions: PowerGroove

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
And Jesus H Christ why does everyone jump to the tip-over sensor as the first thing to check on a bike with a stalling issue. IT'S NEVER THE TIP OVER SENSOR.
hahahaha... no shit! My bike has laid on its side 4 times in the last 5 years.... not once did my tip sensor do anything. And one of those times I actually ran into the back of someone. The other few... well... I'm a doofas... and dropped the phucker. :nana:

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts