Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm new to this site. I ride a 2001 ZX6R and love her to bits. I live in England and am planning a trip to Toronto later this month. I would like to hire a sportsbike in the US close to the Canadian border (say like Buffalo NY). I've tried searching the net for motorcycle hire companies, but have come up with zilch so far. Was wondering if you know an outfit that rents out something like a Ninja6 or GSXR600. Plan on a round trip to New Jersey to see some family.
Thanks
Fred

·
Squid Forever , Yes it's a conspiracy
2,271 Posts
Im not sure if there is even a company that let you rent sportsbike in buffalo.. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess you're right sam. Nothing on the net. Sorta figured that Buffalo's a busy place (probably from references to it in several american crime dramas that I watch at least once a day). Disappointing. Will have to hire one in Toronto itself, tho they're pretty expensive. It's Ca$50.00 per day, Ca$50.00 for liability insurance per day, US$35.00 surcharge for bookings less than a week and Ca$0.25 per km over 300km. Added to that is a refundable deposit of Ca$3,500.

All in all for 3 days of hire, it works out to Ca$415.00 = US$375.00 = £188.00

It's expensive, but hell it'll be worth it! Besides, if I didn't, I'd have to hire a car anyway. Am planning a round trip Toronto - New Jersey and back.

Any suggestions for the trip, type of weather I'm likely to run into. I guess snow would rule things out, but I'll ride in rain.
Thanks.
Fredzx6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts