Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know im prob just bein paranoid but my zx6r sounds like its running hard and it has a slight ticking at start up....i just recentley had a full service tune up on it and it had the valves cleaned and adjusted and spark plugs replaced the air filter cleaned and it seems it still sounds like its runin hard!

any ideas or [email protected]?!??!?

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
See below :p

Attachments

Reactions: Manolo and ZXNasty

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
ok so i know im prob just bein paranoid but my zx6r sounds like its running hard and it has a slight ticking at start up....i just recentley had a full service tune up on it and it had the valves cleaned and adjusted and spark plugs replaced the air filter cleaned and it seems it still sounds like its runin hard!

any ideas or [email protected]?!??!?
By valves cleaned do you mean checked for tolerance and adjusted as needed cause that is what is normally done. "running hard" is a very vauge term, but the ticking you are talking about could be the CCT. They have a tendency to be finicky on these bikes, especailly on 07-08

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they were just put to oem spec and cleaned thoroughly! and what is a cct? sorry been riding for ten years just not a mechanic!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
CCT= Cam Chain Tensioner....

the OEM over time gets weak, then the ticking sounds occurs..

2 options:

1 buy another oem CCT

or

2 buy a manual CCT

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Reactions: reed12b

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Reactions: kawboi11